Lucky's Revenge Endurance Race Aug 17, 2019

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and ride a full 25 mile lap to see what the time and effort will be like. Once I get that I will post it up here as well.

I would consider it but idk if my wife will retrieve my body for the life insurance money.

of course she would! or shed hire one of us to do it for her . . . ;)

although the challenge isnt surviving the 50 miles, its completing them in the alloted time

I've got a few more connections to look at to see if I can make things smoother/more interesting or not. But in general, it's riding well. We have a few trees and some overgrowth to address before the issue but this will be epic for sure. I'm super stoked to see people racing this. We're expecting full lap times to be 2:45 or maybe even 2:30 for the 25. So leader for the 50 will potentially be done in 5:00-5:15 or so. The first 15 miles is killer. Techy, bumpy, and slow going. The second half of the loop is much faster and will be welcomed by the time riders get there.

Some new deadfall on the switches on bitchslap
Lots of faceslappers and itch weed grown in on some trails. Haven't studied the course yet but will. Looks like I am gonna throw the hat in for SS 25 in honor of singlespeedforschilling.

I didn’t notice anything Saturday from the intersection near the steepest pitch. If you are talking about the lower section where that switchback goes around the rock ledge we don’t use that in the course but will let the park know.

There’s some stuff on the loop near dans trail that needs to be cleaned up. The yellow trail has a lot of little trees down but nothing that’s bad. All the big ones that block the trails we use have been cut.

Anyone interested in doing this loop Friday?
Not 100% confirmed but am trying to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom