Lucky's Revenge Endurance Race Aug 17, 2019

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
are enduro stages, ice cream, e bikes and beer hand ups options too?

This is interesting as Dave Kahl and I were having this exact conversation at the Mooch race. Some races have started doing this. They add enduro sections in the middle of the race just like you're describing.

Just trying to make @xc62701 work harder. I also think there should be hot dog stands every 5 miles while we're here.

thegock

I've never raced before, but have been giving it some serious consideration. Is this race a good one for a first timer? I'm 45+, ride every weekend and at least once during the week, and I like rocks.

You will die, but you have to go sometime anyway.

xc62701

This is interesting as Dave Kahl and I were having this exact conversation at the Mooch race. Some races have started doing this. They add enduro sections in the middle of the race just like you're describing.

Just trying to make @xc62701 work harder. I also think there should be hot dog stands every 5 miles while we're here.

That would be good but that’s some extra effort. It probably won’t happen this year but you can race for it anyway. We'll call it the strava challenge via a hidden segment and you can debate over enduro times on the couch that night.

Last edited:

Joe J

Only promoter around here I can remember doing this was Mike Kuhn and he scrapped the idea after doing it a couple times. But just think you could add another 50-60 podium spots.

xc62701

Only promoter around here I can remember doing this was Mike Kuhn and he scrapped the idea after doing it a couple times. But just think you could add another 50-60 podium spots.

That just adds another layer of complexity that we don't need to worry about this time around. We will consider all kinds of changes adaptations in the future.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That just adds another layer of complexity that we don't need to worry about this time around. We will consider all kinds of changes adaptations in the future.

It does. But I think it is an interesting idea to have a a combo race like this. I am not sure how reasonable it is. I mean you would then need to have the enduro e-timing all over the damn course. Or people posted all over. Sounds like a tough logistics issue but I mean hey, it could be neat.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It does. But I think it is an interesting idea to have a a combo race like this. I am not sure how reasonable it is. I mean you would then need to have the enduro e-timing all over the damn course. Or people posted all over. Sounds like a tough logistics issue but I mean hey, it could be neat.
Correct me if im wrong...but I thought at the stage type events...Pigsah, Translyvania epic, etc....The enduro was a seperate day? Like day 1, xc race, day 2, enduro, day 3 etc...

Anyway...marking a 25mile course in North is going to be more than enough work...I mean 6miles for mooch madness takes us ~30-40 man hours if you add it all up...so 25 miles will be something like 250,000 hours.....my god...@xc62701 if you need any help with this process, ill lend you @Norm and my stapler.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Correct me if im wrong...but I thought at the stage type events...Pigsah, Translyvania epic, etc....The enduro was a seperate day? Like day 1, xc race, day 2, enduro, day 3 etc...

Anyway...marking a 25mile course in North is going to be more than enough work...I mean 6miles for mooch madness takes us ~30-40 man hours if you add it all up...so 25 miles will be something like 250,000 hours.....my god...@xc62701 if you need any help with this process, ill lend you @Norm and my stapler.

Hilltop should make ebikes available for the course marking.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ding Ding Ding... you know I'm going to be working on this.
You probably need a fleet for race day too. Just to make sure you can easily get from point A to point B.

terrabike01

LOL Awesome! @Norm is going to race and help us put up arrows?

xc62701

Lucky? Like from Mohican 100?

I dont train or race but this intrigues me. What are the cut off times for 50, 25, 15?
Yup. That Lucky.

We have yet to do a full loop on the course but I’m thinking that nine hours will be the cut off for the 50. There will probably be a cut off for the first lap of the 25 at around four hours as well. If you’re not done, you’ll probably be making a shelter for the night at that point - and we want to go home.

Top Bottom