Lucky's Revenge Endurance Race Aug 17, 2019

pkovo

My pleasure. Hopefully I come off better in person than on the interwebs.

I should thank you as well for...

A) For using the "good" jelly (preserves?) on the PB&J sandwiches. Not sure how many of those I ate while spending what felt like an eternity plugging my tire at the aid station, but they sure were a welcomed treat.

-and-

B) Giving me a needed nudge to keep going. I believe you said something to the effect of "....I've seen plugs on the bead like that hold fine..." and "....You spent so much time fixing that thing you have to keep going...." Had I been able to remain under the radar at the aid station, I probably would have just cut my losses and headed up the gravel road to my car. Glad I didn't.

And despite my rather terrible performance, I believe I went on to win 1st place in the Full face helmet/DH Knee pad class. Somehow that class wasn't listed in the results. :p

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I should thank you as well for...

A) For using the "good" jelly (preserves?) on the PB&J sandwiches. Not sure how many of those I ate while spending what felt like an eternity plugging my tire at the aid station, but they sure were a welcomed treat.

-and-

B) Giving me a needed nudge to keep going. I believe you said something to the effect of "....I've seen plugs on the bead like that hold fine..." and "....You spent so much time fixing that thing you have to keep going...." Had I been able to remain under the radar at the aid station, I probably would have just cut my losses and headed up the gravel road to my car. Glad I didn't.

And despite my rather terrible performance, I believe I went on to win 1st place in the Full face helmet/DH Knee pad class. Somehow that class wasn't listed in the results. :p

i probably wouldn't have recognized you in a regular helmet. think we caught up somewhere in the white switchbacks? or maybe cardiac, can't remember.
all blurry.......

pkovo

i probably wouldn't have recognized you in a regular helmet. think we caught up somewhere in the white switchbacks? or maybe cardiac, can't remember.
all blurry.......

All blurry is right! I hardly know who anyone is in person, but the full face helmet definitely makes me stick out like a sore thumb. I wish everyone wore their MTBNJ screen name across the back of their shirts.

Sven Migot

thats actually not a bad idea for the official group rides @pooriggy
1566429513978.png

Top Bottom