Lucky Events 2020

xc62701

Hey people! I hope all are doing well in these crazy times. I just wanted to drop a note about all of our events. Lucky’s Revenge, Lucky Charm Cross, and Lucky Devil 100k.

At this point we only have one confirmation. Lucky Charm Cross at Craigmeur isn’t happening this year. There’s too much risk involved in even trying to find a way to make this happen so it will hope to return in 2021.

Lucky’s Revenge in Allamuchy is still a possibility. It’s set for August 1st and I’m not sure how much mitigation and safety protocols we will need for them but we will do the best we can to put on a safe event if it is even allowed.

Lucky Devil 100k at Stephens may have the best chance of being run as it’s later in the season and hopefully things will be closer to normal by then, but who knows. We’re just letting you know that it is still being worked on behind the scenes as I know a lot of you would like to get back the racing, enjoying the trails, and just getting out.

In the meantime, be safe and go ride your bike!

The Team HB Crew

Joe J

Mountain time trial

I don't want any promoters to take this as a shot it's totally just my personal feelings. I have 0 interest in a social distanced MTN Time Trial if races can't be run in a close to normal format put them off until they can. If enough time goes by and it becomes clear that we can never go back then possibly a new format needs to be explored.

xc62701

I don't want any promoters to take this as a shot it's totally just my personal feelings. I have 0 interest in a social distanced MTN Time Trial if races can't be run in a close to normal format put them off until they can. If enough time goes by and it becomes clear that we can never go back then possibly a new format needs to be explored.

I am with you. At this point it seems that it may happen if we can let smaller groups go off. Under current guidelines groups of up to 25 may gather, so does that mean we break up larger fields into smaller groups and split the start by a few minutes? Maybe? We’re still feeling this out and hopefully this will get closer to normal as we get closer to our events.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I would like some regular racing as well but maybe anything is better than nothing. Alex Ciesla from Shore Cycling created a virtual tt mtb race segment at allaire and a bunch have been giving it a go. Yea, I know, it’s chasing a strava segment but there will be a winner with prizes...and it’s not sitting in your house on a trainer.

Joe J

I am with you. At this point it seems that it may happen if we can let smaller groups go off. Under current guidelines groups of up to 25 may gather, so does that mean we break up larger fields into smaller groups and split the start by a few minutes? Maybe? We’re still feeling this out and hopefully this will get closer to normal as we get closer to our events.

Well thats an easy one just hold a XC race it's been what 10years since a XC has had a class bigger that 25 :)

trener1

Jokes aside, this is a good point, but there would still be an issue with registration and things like that.

Joe J

Jokes aside, this is a good point, but there would still be an issue with registration and things like that.

Not really wear a mask and keep your distance pretty much the same as daily living. Promoter can answer better but I think waivers can be signed online? I've been to plenty of events where binders are set up with # & the racer just walks up takes the # and walks away so no need for volunteer. To take it a step further do temperature checks at reg. The promoters will be able to make this happen with the cooperation & understanding of the racers. The big issue will be most of our events are held on government land and in best of circumstances I feel they accommodate us but never really want us there so permitting may be the biggest issue.

As point of reference Hair-scrambles kicked off this weekend at Evansville MX track (Private Property) in PA. I realize goggles & FF helmets but just good to see some things starting to move along.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me the 2 biggest questions are:

1. What land manager is going to give the ok right now? The BSA might but the DEC in NY won’t even think about it.

2. Insurance. Will any carrier cover an event in NY/NJ? Huge question and it might beat fruit to reach out to the Mohican folks to find out who they used.

Everything else from there is just details.

xc62701

1. What land manager is going to give the ok right now? The BSA might but the DEC in NY won’t even think about it.

2. Insurance. Will any carrier cover an event in NY/NJ? Huge question and it might beat fruit to reach out to the Mohican folks to find out who they used.

The boyscouts are hopeful that things will be good soon. They are working on a timeline for opening. As far as permitting from the park and insurance who knows. I think the parks are still working on limited staff/hours and I haven't been able to make much contact lately.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

contact Ryan Dell. He is the Mohican promoter as well as the promoter for the entire NUE series.

trener1

@Jow J, Yeah I am ok with wearing a mask at registration, what I meant was if the state will still be restricting gathering sizes that can be an issue for registration.

Joe J

Was talking to someone about the insurance thing the other day and there is no mention on the Mckay (sp) web site about not issuing coverage.

Mohican/NUE is Ryan O'Dell

Top Bottom