Luckily Remy should be ok but can happen to anyone.

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds like a painful injury - hope he heals ok

Last edited:
Reactions: don

Ironjunk

Another reason for me to hate skinnies
It's been years since i've been at creek but i remember a wood bridge over a gully toward the top that had like a 10 foot drop. I think it had an incline to it also. That thing had one of the bigger penalties for failure.

ebarker9

It's been years since i've been at creek but i remember a wood bridge over a gully toward the top that had like a 10 foot drop. I think it had an incline to it also. That thing had one of the bigger penalties for failure.

Sounds like Lower Exodus. There are two bridges in a row like that and neither has a completely smooth/straight run in. I think I've ridden that once or twice, walked it a handful of times (which is arguably scarier) and now just take one of the other trails in that area. I prefer getting the riding thrill from trying to get faster/smoother/more controlled vs trying to convince my brain not to think about falling 10ft and breaking my leg on a bridge that could just as easily be a couple of feet wider.

sundaydoug

Sounds like Lower Exodus. There are two bridges in a row like that and neither has a completely smooth/straight run in. I think I've ridden that once or twice, walked it a handful of times (which is arguably scarier) and now just take one of the other trails in that area. I prefer getting the riding thrill from trying to get faster/smoother/more controlled vs trying to convince my brain not to think about falling 10ft and breaking my leg on a bridge that could just as easily be a couple of feet wider.

I've ridden that trail what feels like hundreds of times and it sketches me out every single time I ride it.

Ian F

I have a similar opinion about bridges and skinnies. When they are a necessary part of the trail (going over soft areas that don't drain well), I'm fine with them. When they are made dangerous just for the sake of being dangerous, I generally avoid them. I am fine with finding other ways to challenge myself when riding.

Sucks for Remy. Hopefully he heals up quickly.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I've ridden that trail what feels like hundreds of times and it sketches me out every single time I ride it.
Seriously, the dumbest features at Mountain Creek are those two bridges. They were built back in the Diablo days.

On another note, I suffered the same injury as Remy falling off Covenant. I came in too hot and rolled off the side of the bridge. I hit a tree, got spun around and landed on my back into a pile of rocks. Three vertebrae fractures. It was a painful recovery.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I actually enjoy those 2 skinnys at creek gives me old school vibes . Lately I've been trying to manual the second one but having a hard time committing and just get rubber legs when I want to pop the front up 🤣🤣

sundaydoug

Seriously, the dumbest features at Mountain Creek are those two bridges. They were built back in the Diablo days.

On another note, I suffered the same injury as Remy falling off Covenant. I came in too hot and rolled off the side of the bridge. I hit a tree, got spun around and landed on my back into a pile of rocks. Three vertebrae fractures. It was a painful recovery.
There's nothing wrong with those bridges, the lead up to the second one is just totally blind.

serviceguy

I actually enjoy those 2 skinnys at creek gives me old school vibes . Lately I've been trying to manual the second one but having a hard time committing and just get rubber legs when I want to pop the front up 🤣🤣
the-office-happy.gif

Top Bottom