Low profile bottle setup?

Mahnken

Peer pressure
Screenshot_20210219-151726.png

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would have suggested something that can put the bottle cage lower. I just saw Wolftooth sells (but is out of stock on) an adjustable water bottle holder.

But if you want to just move your existing cage lower, this seems to make sense:

I almost went for that hip pack, but I love my Bontrager one as it can fit a lot of tools including a shock pump.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would have suggested something that can put the bottle cage lower. I just saw Wolftooth sells (but is out of stock on) an adjustable water bottle holder.

But if you want to just move your existing cage lower, this seems to make sense:

I almost went for that hip pack, but I love my Bontrager one as it can fit a lot of tools including a shock pump.
I was wondering if there was a product like the b-rad. That might work. Good find, thanks!

JDurk

Shared the link and coupon codes to my race team FB group. Many of them are on FS bikes with just 1 bottle and use Camelbaks. Already 1 ordered. So another heading to NJ.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Add another LA purchase to the list. I’ve been interested in this pack since I first saw it; the 40% code sealed the deal.

I’ve been super happy with the Bontrager Rapid Pack for the last 2 years, but that only holds a single bottle. I expect to use the LA pack for longer days, at the least.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
You people are insane. A $60 fanny pack? And this is supposed to better than a low-profile camelbak? I just don’t see it. 🙄

Karate Monkey

You people are insane. A $60 fanny pack? And this is supposed to better than a low-profile camelbak? I just don’t see it. 🙄

I can't speak for others, personally, but separated shoulders are a super common injury for MTB. Not all are operable, and they make backpacks quite uncomfortable.

blackburn1973

That's definitely fair. I have both a low profile hydration pack and a larger Osprey that I generally ride with. I do enjoy riding w/o a pack but stashing water/tools is an issue. To me, this seems like a possible middle-ground that's worth a try and sub-$50 with the discount code doesn't strike me as unreasonable if as good as billed. Regardless, we'll shortly have a ton of anecdotal evidence one way or the other. :cpopcorn:

JDurk

That's definitely fair. I have both a low profile hydration pack and a larger Osprey that I generally ride with. I do enjoy riding w/o a pack but stashing water/tools is an issue. To me, this seems like a possible middle-ground that's worth a try and sub-$50 with the discount code doesn't strike me as unreasonable if as good as billed. Regardless, we'll shortly have a ton of anecdotal evidence one way or the other. :cpopcorn:
I have an older Camelbak M.U.L.E. that has been relegated to TM days or day hikes and replaced it with a LR version. But sometimes I wish I could do a longer ride on the FS bike without having all that on my back or stuffing a bottle and gear in my jersey pocket. This will be an interesting experiment for many of us to participate and report our findings. And confirming @mattybfat is the almighty wise one.

Top Bottom