Low profile bottle setup?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trying to find something that would fit under the piggyback shock. Fidlock doesn’t work. I was looking at the camelback quick flask and some kind of generic accessory mount unless somebody has a better idea. Plenty of length but height is the issue.
Tanks.
F452339D-026D-4EAF-8701-B8E37A4BC5F5.png

Attachments

• DFB6E901-6B7F-4ADC-A092-A2578868B903.png
    DFB6E901-6B7F-4ADC-A092-A2578868B903.png
    227 KB · Views: 112

rick81721

Lothar
Trying to find something that would fit under the piggyback shock. Fidlock doesn’t work. I was looking at the camelback quick flask and some kind of generic accessory mount unless somebody has a better idea. Plenty of length but height is the issue.
Tanks.
View attachment 152018

tenor (4).gif

I don't get bottles on mountain bikes - the nozzle gets all sandy/gritty/muddy anywho. Camelback for me

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Doesn't wolf tooth make an adjustable bottle mount thingy that would let you lower the bottle bolts 2 or 3 inches lower ?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this is an example of a bike that probably should have a different shock, without the external air can :shrug:

that said, fire and new bike is the best solution

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I believe the shock flip doesn't work, will double check. I've been using both fanny and standard packs. For shorter rides or enduro races it would be nice to skip it.
Oddly enough, @serviceguy might have the best idea if I can find a bottle with a tapered top instead of the typical sized cap. I might be stealing his intellectual property here.

Matty's Lab fanny pack might also be a good option, just hate to spend real money on this. But a good cage and bottle might be $30-40, not that much more.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Monarch air can is bigger than the fox and its a completely different bike so not sure how this helps
Similar upper pivot design / something to look into, but since you kicked this idea in the pants...

Something slightly different than what you mentioned, a side offset mount.

Top Bottom