Lost

I am waiting for Bob's comments so I can finally understand the final episode.

It was good to see some old faces. Not sure why Anna Lucia "wasn't ready" though.

I am not sure what to think. I really like how in the parallel world they reunited the characters, by when they touched someone from the island they remembered. But i am not sure if i like the very end when they all came together. not sure i really understood what happened there though.

So, they are all dead?

What i thought they were all going to was going to be Jack's funeral, or his dad's funeral, or something along those lines. Also, where was Walt, and Michael? (if they were reuniting all the characters)

i felt satisfied with the ending, not all the mythological answers but i think most of them are embedded in the series and need to be found.

the sideways was the characters "purgatory", the meaning of this depends on your religious views and beliefs. when jack died on the island he was "transported" into the sideways, he needed to find the others and in turn find nirvana, the next step. these were the most important people in life so they are the ones he needed to show him the way.

in the sideways, as christian shepard explained, time didnt exist. (as it did in life) some died years before jack, others years after. but this place will be there for each one of them when they are ready to move on...........

whateverz

it's interesting actually.

i have read theories that say when we die and go to heaven (or where ever), we won't know each other as we did in life.

looking back at the episodes with fresh eyes, it seems that everything was an effort to get them to remember each other and their "life" after death.

i still have a lot of questions that i'd like to get answered but that's pretty likely not gonna happen.

I think walt isn't on the show anymore because he doesn't look like a kid anymore. Michael was seen on island a couple episodes ago and led us to believe he's stuck there as one of the whispers they heard in the trees. Maybe Walt did get off the island and because of that Michael couldn't resolve his issues and is now stuck.

Lost Thoughts: The End
The stained glass window told the whole story. Since the beginning of Lost, there has been so many religious overtones (as well as science and popular fiction), borrowed from every major religion. From the name Christian Shepherd to DHARMA's famous "Namaste" greeting, the show has made it's home in its centralized theme, Faith vs. Science. Plus, there was the pretty slick exchange between Ben and Hurley; "You were a pretty good number 2". He said the word "were". What had happened, had already happened. The life they were in, was what happened after the events on the island, and after they died (wherever and whenever that may be).
No, they did not die in the Oceanic plane crash (as I have already heard many people suggest). The island was as real as anything that ever happened to them. Whether it was Boone who died in Season 1, or an immortal Hurley who passed on at the end of time as Jack and Jacob's replacement, they all existed and lived out their lives in whichever direction fate pushed them. Whatever happens next, after death, is where they ended up. A different place. Perhaps it was a new timeline, the culmination of wherever their lives would have gone had the nuclear bomb went off. A place "they created", is what Christian told Jack. A new world, to find all the people who shared in their journey, the people that mattered the most to them. An ending of faith. An ending where finding the things that mattered the most to them, brought back all the memories that brought them there. Good or bad, these people were all in it together. They survived together. Whatever place they were leaving to, perhaps it was Heaven, or perhaps it was just the rest of their lives in their new world (perhaps the next level of their existence, like reincarnation), or perhaps it was all in Jack's head as he passed away in the same spot he woke up after the crash, they were all going together.
...I only wish that Michael and Walt would have been there. But, I'm over that.
So, I know a lot of people will be angry. There were no answers to the magical light...which seemed to not only have skeletal remains down there, but also what looked like tombs? It was hard to decipher with all the water all around. And there was the magical cork, plugging up the evil inside. It kind of reminded me of curiousity...and all the fables about keeping your curiousity in check. There's a million of them, and I'm sure you have all read some in your lives, where the protagonist goes somewhere they shouldn't be, and in a moment of pure curiousity, unleashes something into the world that they had no idea would occur. To me, that's what the cork was. Just a special rock, covering a hole that seemed to be keeping back some very negative forces. I know we never got answers to what Smokey was, but if we go back to last season, and the heiroglyphics on the wall below the temple, we saw the Smoke Monster standing face to face with what looked like an Egyptian god (Anubis), which to me, marked that entity as something otherwordly. Perhaps it was something that was trapped outside the cork? We won't ever know, but I feel that these sort of things are better left as mysteries. It's like showing the face of God to the viewers, and thousands of letters pouring in to ABC studios saying "that's not what I think God looks like." It's all subjective and relative. Still, I think Jacob was right when he explained what the island was. Just a cork, holding back something that should never get out.
As far as where things went, I think my favorite exchange was between Jack and Smokey, when Smokey tried to reminisce with Jack about their past, only it was John Locke's past, and Jack put him in his place. I also loved that Desmond survived (he was my favorite character), so that he could go back to Penny, and I think we can rest assured that Hurley found a way to get him there.
And so it was Hurley. The one we ALL seemed to think was the best one to take over...not just because of his special abilities, but because he had the biggest heart. Hurley gave Ben everything he ever wanted...to be a respected and important part of the innerworkings of the island he gave so much to. In the end, Ben was a good man. As I have written before, which I think is very fitting "The path to Hell was paved with good intentions"...but this show, in the end, was always about redemption. Just like the exchange between Hurley and Sayid, when Hurley told him that people had told Sayid all his life that he was a bad man, but all that mattered is what he thought of himself, because in the end, Sayid always did the right thing. He let Smokey get in his head, and influence him, to tell him that he was evil. It was that kind of soul crushing that led him down the dark path, and it was his thoughts of Nadia that brought him back.
It was really interesting to see how each person found their way back to full enlightenment of the island. I think that was the fun of it. This episode didn't give us answers...it was about wrapping up what happened to the people we came to care about all this time. I feel it was a fitting end...
Favorite moments: John forgiving Ben outside the funeral home. Finally seeing Sawyer and Juliette finding each other, and the exchange of "going dutch" (which totally foreshadowed everything that was going to happen, and in the moment before her death, when the veil was lowered, she saw the two of them together, on the other side). Kate finally not annoying me! I loved how Kate came full circle, and this was the first episode in several seasons where I didn't want her to find her way under a pile of falling rocks. Seeing Boone. Seeing Shannon. The exchange between Desmond and Eloise, when Desmond says he's going to keep doing what he was doing, but that he'd leave her Daniel, because I think she much rathered their life together there, than the guilt of knowing she was the one who would kill him. Finally seeing a fully aware John Locke thanking Jack, and knowing that even after everything they went through, that the mutual respect was there between them. Hurley making another Star Wars joke, and his exchange with Jack before Jack gave him the job as Island protector. Jin and Sun being enlightened. Claire finally going home. Frank not being dead! Richard still alive and AGING!!! So so many more.
Personally, I liked it. It wasn't what I expected, which I think was good. I'm content. It was a great 6 years, and I personally enjoyed writing these to all of you who have read this over the last 2 years. And with that, I hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I have. Maybe one day, in the not too distant future, they'll take us back to the island for more.

Last edited:
So what was the picture of the plane crash at the end all about? I thought they all were dead and the island experience was their creation to tie up all there "loose ends". But what the hell do I know

i think they showed the original plane wreckage sitting on the beach undisturbed, letting us know the plane did crash there and the whole exp. was real. i re watched that part and there were footprints covering every inch of beach in the surrounding area of the plane wreckage. also if you go back, and watch, you can tell the plane debris is set up like oceanic 815. the section they burned, the one engine is blown up, the other intact, and you can see clothes scattered through out the beach.

Has anyone seen any of the characters from lost on any other TV show?? Other than the bookem Dano show, which I have not seen yet,
I know we need to get a life, but I am really missing this show, there seems to be nothing even close to it now...

Just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Bobke

Has anyone seen any of the characters from lost on any other TV show?? Other than the bookem Dano show, which I have not seen yet,
I know we need to get a life, but I am really missing this show, there seems to be nothing even close to it now...

Just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Bobke
Mr. Shephard was in this gem of series called Party of Five.

I too miss LOST.

The closest I can get is with Fringe which is not the same.

i saw a commercial that hurley is on, i think, two and a half men? or maybe how i met your mother.

i really cant believe its not coming back this winter:cry::cry:

i watch the event, it sucks but i watch.

true blood is good. boardwalk empire is entertaining ( not like lost tho )

i think im ready to go back and watch the whole series, i think!

anyone watch the extras on the blue ray season six set? i heard they were going to include some answers and juicy tidbits..

will anything ever come close to the lost pilot episode? i mean what a way to start a series... i jus hope there will be something in the future that measures up!

Last edited:
i saw a commercial that hurley is on, i think, two and a half men? or maybe how i met your mother.

i really cant believe its not coming back this winter:cry::cry:

i watch the event, it sucks but i watch.

true blood is good. boardwalk empire is entertaining ( not like lost tho )

i think im ready to go back and watch the whole series, i think!

anyone watch the extras on the blue ray season six set? i heard they were going to include some answers and juicy tidbits..

will anything ever come close to the lost pilot episode? i mean what a way to start a series... i jus hope there will be something in the future that measures up!

I watch the event as well. Its not really all that good. :rolleyes:
I do love True blood though! :eek:

I saw charlie, (dominic monaham)on jimmy kimmel, apparently he was in the video for eminem, love the way you lie. he is making out with megan fox the whole time, hard day at work!

Back
Top Bottom