Lost Garmin Edge 305

kush

Lost a Garmin Edge 305 this past Thanksgiving Day at Allamuchy North. Could've been around Ice-cream trail.

Same old story, was JRA.

The unit is plain without distinguishing marks or tattoos.

If found, will reward you handsomely with your choice of a bunch of Clif bars.

305.jpg

ellbiddy

The mind is the first to go with age.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: Says the man who's lost more things than he can count on his hands and toes ;)

sixseven

Write your name and # on your stuff, probably a better chance of getting it back.
What's with those garmin things? I now associate the word "lost" with "garmin"....
Hope it gets returned!

kush

It is mounted to stem, but the stock mounting was always a bit weak (don't know how norm does it, maybe using unsavory clif bars as wedges). So I had a rubber band thingie rigged from piece of tire tube.

This time I probably just neglected to put the rubber band over the unit, and I may have hit a thing or two on the way down. Operator error.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
look in your car or recheck your gear

i though i lost my edge 305 at allaire south a couple of weeks ago, but it fell out of my back pack

the clamps broke off two bikes and it was dropped on cement, and it hasn't been the same

the edge 305 is not so great, in its day it showed a line of where i cycled mtb, but at 25% i could be 10 feet from my bike and be lost

last week a guy from philly mtb had an old fore runner on his arm for pic meta data. and a delorne on his handle bar for serios cartography

i like my edge for hr and cadence, but think i'll get a cheap compass for da woods

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
(don't know how norm does it, maybe using unsavory clif bars as wedges).

I assure you it's nothing I do. I assume the grit and grime have built up somewhere to the point that I basically need to hammer the friggin thing off every ride - literally.

While I'm here, the stop/start button isn't working very well these days either.

kush

While I'm here, the stop/start button isn't working very well these days either.

They have a very liberal exchange policy.

I speak from experience, the last time the unit came off the mounting (thus causing the addition of the rubber band thingie), the riding buddy behind me rode over it, and I had it exchanged for another unit with barely questions asked.

ellbiddy

I hope you get it back, my first Forerunner 405 is still floating in limbo (read: in someone else's house :mad:). I make a point to always pick up stuff on the ground in the hopes of getting back to the person that lost it, so hopefully someone decent runs into it.

I'll concentrate real hard and beam some good karma your way.

J-Dro

Miracles do happen. I lost mine at Blue Mountain last year. I put a post up on the wmba.org site and hoped for the best. A month later I got an email from a guy who found it buried under some leaves. The thing still worked amazingly enough. It was my own stupid fault because I went out knowing that my GPS mount was broken already. Hopefully some kind soul finds yours too.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode there again and keeping a faithful eye out for it I do believe it will show up sooner or later, I would bet it's somewhere on that downhill section towards the icecream sign by white trail.

BiknBen

Miracles do happen.

I lost my ballz once at 6-Mile and they were returned to me. Not kidding! :rofl:

I lost them again at Ringwood. Keep an eye out for them. :eek:

I too always pick stuff up when I see it. Unfortunately, it is often food wrappers. :mad:

VanDbtRiver

i'm no tech wizard, but is there a way to contact garmin to find out where the last point of transmission was for the device? it uses the same tech as a lojack:hmmm:eek:r maybe not

kush

Rode there again and keeping a faithful eye out for it I do believe it will show up sooner or later, I would bet it's somewhere on that downhill section towards the icecream sign by white trail.

I remember there were two very thin trees with relatively narrow spacing between them on the downhill section, and I managed to have the bike somewhat sideways, scraping one of the trees, didn't go down, but definitely made impact which may have caused the thing to dislodge. I bet that is where it is. Don't know if that is enough to go by, but if you're back there again soon, would appreciate if you take another look :) and of course I would be glad to ride there again, so let me know when you're venturing out.

kush

i'm no tech wizard, but is there a way to contact garmin to find out where the last point of transmission was for the device? it uses the same tech as a lojack:hmmm:eek:r maybe not

I'll give that a try, doesn't hurt to ask. If somehow its possible, it sounds like quite a few people may benefit :D though Benz Ballz are probably not trackable.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I remember there were two very thin trees with relatively narrow spacing between them on the downhill section, and I managed to have the bike somewhat sideways, scraping one of the trees, didn't go down, but definitely made impact which may have caused the thing to dislodge. I bet that is where it is. Don't know if that is enough to go by, but if you're back there again soon, would appreciate if you take another look :) and of course I would be glad to ride there again, so let me know when you're venturing out.

If only you could time travel. Then you could go back in time, then forward with the GPS, upload the ride, see where it would get lost, back in time to go do the ride, then make sure you picked it up when it dropped off. You'd then have to turn it off for the sake of good karma.

Alternately, they could put a phone on the thing and you could just keep calling it while you looked for it. Of course the battery would be dead in no time.

Wobbegong

I lost my ballz once at 6-Mile and they were returned to me. Not kidding! :rofl:

I had your balls in my jersey pocket.... yuck :D

If Warcricket didnt crash and blow his tire completely off his rim, they'd still be a lost pair....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions