Loose screw inside chainstay.

JohnH

One day I noticed a screw poking its way out of a drain hole on my 2018 specialized epic comp carbon.
Its on the drive side chainstay. Not sure where or what it was holding inside but now it stays inside and rattles around.
does anyone have an idea of where this screw came from. On both sides there are drain holes and one day I saw this screw just hanging thru one side. For some reason I forgot to secure the screw and now it is stuck inside and rattling. Eventually I can get it to fall thru again but its probably safer internal than outside. Any ideas? I did contact my LBS to send pics to Specialized as im thinking warranty....

screw 2.jpg
screw 1.jpg

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
One day I noticed a screw poking its way out of a drain hole on my 2018 specialized epic comp carbon.
Its on the drive side chainstay. Not sure where or what it was holding inside but now it stays inside and rattles around.
does anyone have an idea of where this screw came from. On both sides there are drain holes and one day I saw this screw just hanging thru one side. For some reason I forgot to secure the screw and now it is stuck inside and rattling. Eventually I can get it to fall thru again but its probably safer internal than outside. Any ideas? I did contact my LBS to send pics to Specialized as im thinking warranty....

View attachment 136101View attachment 136102

Were you ever a d*ck to your LBS mechanics? Cause that would be some funny revenge.

Top Bottom