Looking to spend $500

djm

I bought a new windsor cliff 29er from bikesdirect.com for $550 S&H included. As a beginner I've been very happy with it. Just sayin

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
aren't 26er hardtails falling from the sky at this point? :D j/k.

i would look "pre-owned" TBH. you'll get a better bike and more bang for yer buck. FWIW i bought fred's old Yukon for like $250.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Going to go to Cycle Craft. What do you guys think of Trek?

At that price point, most of the bikes from major manufacturers will be similar in performance. Just don't get a BSO (Bike Shaped Object) from the box stores!

Also I would not get anything online unless you know how to assembly and adjust things properly by yourself.

hooples3

take a look at the haro flightline series.. last years models were pretty nice with decent parts ..II think the "sport" is in your price range

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Going to go to Cycle Craft. What do you guys think of Trek?

Giant has the best bang for the buck. Considering they make over half of all frames from various companies, you should just go with them and save the cash.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Giant has the best bang for the buck. Considering they make over half of all frames from various companies, you should just go with them and save the cash.

100% agree. i'm an old skool trek guy though. i've owed more of them than any other brand. my second 'first bike', a 970, is still in duty as a beer fetcher.

Top Bottom