Looking to build or buy CX bike

rsinger814

Trying to get a bike together for fairly cheap or to buy something to get me started in the cx world.

I'm 5'9", looking for 53-54cm top tube length. Let me know what you have thanks.

Last edited:

GratefulRider

I've got a 56 specialized CRux w/ sram rival components and Williams tubular wheels. If I did 12 races on this it's a lot. I didn't ride it other than the day before a race, so it's pretty low mileage. $800 and it's yours.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
56 is gonna be too big for someone 5-9.

Paging @vlkslvr who I know has been looking for a cross bike/frame in 56.

qclabrat

what is the typical geometry of CX bikes? how do they compare to road bikes?
my NOS frame has a much shorter top tube, its a Mountain Cycle Stumptown, not sure it's a CX frame

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
what is the typical geometry of CX bikes? how do they compare to road bikes?
my NOS frame has a much shorter top tube, its a Mountain Cycle Stumptown, not sure it's a CX frame

Depends on the manufacturer. Most go with the same size as their road bike or a touch shorter in the top tube. I'm 5'9" on a good day also and would ride a 52 CX bike in most bike brands (usually 53.5-54 ETT).

$800 for a Crux with Rival + tubulars is a good deal. Somebody buy that thing and race the crap out of it.

GratefulRider

My bad. It's apex not rival group set. Still a good bike. I'm just not so into CX that I need 2. Help make room in my garage.

Top Bottom