looking for xl complete for under a dime

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my neighbor is a newbi and is looking for his first real ride and i'm trying to keep him out of the sports authority ride....any suggestions?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm old so forgive my ignorance. But how much exactly is a dime?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm old so forgive my ignorance. But how much exactly is a dime?

well... depending on the grade, it could be $10, or run as much as $35 or so, and if its hydro...

oh wait. nevermind...

call up your local shops - i'm sure someone's got some HT laying around they could cut you a deal on. for example (a spot down by me), check out efingers - they have a sale bikes section - theres a 19" hardrock for cheap.

http://www.efingersports.com/store/cycling/sale_bikes.htm

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
he is 6'3 so i did tell him to go that direction,martys did have one but it sold when he went back. he also would consider a new used.

walter

Fourth Party
I know Cannondale and Fisher both make 29ers in that range, as well as a few others. Check around, Im sure some of the shop guys may chime in as well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, I would have guessed $1000 but when you brought up Sports Authority it made me wonder if you were in $100 realm.

Without question you can get a solid bike for less than $1000.

R

Rooster00

I highly recommend the GF Cobia. I got mine a couple months ago and it is the greatest bike ever. Plus you can get it for around $900.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I know it is a rag, but tell your buddy to pick up the July Mountain Bike Action. The "Shootout" is 5 bikes in the $800 range. Giant Yukon FX, GT Peace 9R,
Marin Alpine Trail 3X, Norco Rival and Trek 600.

To sum it up, the Yukon (FS) placed highest (have him go to Cycle Works for that) and the GT Peace came in second (rigid, geared, 29 inch and only $650).

Again, it is a bike rag, but each of these bikes seem like a real value in the sub-dime range.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
29er sealed the deal

my neighbor is a newbi and is looking for his first real ride and i'm trying to keep him out of the sports authority ride....any suggestions?

well my neighbor got his bike, a diamondback 29er, thats good! only problem is he bought it from dicks, thats bad i guess? the real deal is we are given' it run at deer park this afternoon...i'll let you know how he and the bike make out.....

Top Bottom