Looking for some spandex!

Danimal

My shorts are all getting pretty messed up and the chamois is no longer doing it's thing. What are some good and not crazy expensive roadie shorts? I have a few LG's and they were okay, nothing special. Wanted to try the black bibs but they are out of stock in my size

i have been happy with my black bibs shorts so keep an eye out for them to come back in stock.

I also like pearl izumi and Bontrager for shorts (i think i like bontrager better TBH)

Do you do bibs? Give them a try.

Long, winter version is really nice - except during health breaks.....

1580600529204.png

Whatever you get I'd suggest checking out Sierra Trading Post. All the stuff I've gotten I've managed to get at half price.

Never tried bibs, I over heat very easily so the less coverage I have the better and I'm not manly enough to wear bibs without a Jersey

I like bibs... Except when I have to "go"
But heard there are ones with an opening with closures

Some bibs are lower in the front, making it easier to pull down an do your business. Club Ride makes ones that I really like as they're mesh everywhere as they're designed for baggies over them, probably not what you're looking for.

I understand why bibs are better than shorts, but I don't generally have issues with waist bands on shorts.

However bibs/bib tights are awesome in the winter as they can cover that air gap that can occur in the back.

I like bibs... Except when I have to "go"
But heard there are ones with an opening with closures
I have some Zoic bib liner shorts that have a "fly" and I really like that for MTB. I am not sure how that would work on roadie bibs where you aren't wearing anything over them. Could get a little "drafty."

People love to hate Rapha. Until they try some on and realize how ridiculously comfortable they are.

Seeing as I have absolutely nothing to add here (my issues are way different for shorts)... But just curious... You need the shorts for indoor training classes or outside riding? Because if it's indoor, then i think bibs and, uh, bathroom access would be irrelevant but coverage (not mesh) would be important.

Seeing as I have absolutely nothing to add here (my issues are way different for shorts)... But just curious... You need the shorts for indoor training classes or outside riding? Because if it's indoor, then i think bibs and, uh, bathroom access would be irrelevant but coverage (not mesh) would be important.
Outdoor that will also obviously be used during training classes. I would need a few pairs cause I get lazy with laundry day sometimes and spending $100+ per pair is a bit painful. I'll keep checking the closeout sections and see if I can find something decent. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom