Looking for injury advice.....

S

Shar0se

I have been plagued with a super sore soleus muscle (apparently that is the one in my calf that is not my gastrocnemius). I first strained it last fall, rested a week or so and was fine until a few weeks ago, rested and was fine until a couple days ago. I RICE when it hurts but it keeps happenning. The dr. just says it's strained so just RICE each time. But this is getting annoying!! Thoughts, advice??

Nimrod

I have been plagued with a super sore soleus muscle (apparently that is the one in my calf that is not my gastrocnemius). I first strained it last fall, rested a week or so and was fine until a few weeks ago, rested and was fine until a couple days ago. I RICE when it hurts but it keeps happenning. The dr. just says it's strained so just RICE each time. But this is getting annoying!! Thoughts, advice??

drink more water and go to bed an hour earlier then normal.

serious, it took me 40 years to figure that out

Tool

Sharon....I think I remember from previous posts that you are a runner in addition to a cyclist. Did you strain your calf running or riding? Does it bother you during both of these activities....or just one of them?
If say, only running aggravates it, perhaps you can try taking maybe 4-6 weeks off from running and just ride during that time period (or vice versa, if only riding aggravates it). Maybe that will give the strain a chance to heal properly.

I also ride and run and sometimes take a break from one or the other depending on what injury I'm nursing. Taking an anti-inflamatory every night, such as ibuprofen, should also help decrease any swelling and promote better blood flow to the injury so that it heals faster.

Tony

Top Bottom