Looking for Info on Allaire state park

D

DannyC21

Hey guys,

I currently live in Philly and I plan on traveling out to Belmar to chill with my friends at their beach house on Memorial Day weekend. However, the MTBer in me is always looking to ride and I am debating on whether to rack up my bike and stop at Allaire State Park on the way.

I was wondering if anyway can give me info on the park as I have never been there. Like what trails to hit, what to avoid, where I can get a map, etc. I'm also interested in learning if any group rides will be heading out that weekend.

I'm a newbie rider and I have been riding for only a few months but I can't help but want to ride everyday. I'm loving this sport and I'm eager to try new places.

Thanks in advance.

walter

Fourth Party
Danny, Allaire is just about a 10 minute car ride from downtown Belmar. You could ride all three days if you'd like. Stay tuned here as Im sure as it gets closer to Memorial Day people will post up. Its safe to say there will be someone to show you around.

However, depending on what kind of friends you have you may not be in any condition to ride. Memorial Day in Belmar brings bad things to ones body.

Enjoy!

Frank

Sasquatch
PM me or post up when you want to ride and I may be available to give you a tour.

oh yeah....welcome to the site.

Last edited:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah id sugest finding someone to give you a tour there. we had a group ride there yesterday and that place is HUUUUUUGE and confusing, but at the saem time its a great place for a beginner rider. im new to the sport myself and yesterday was pretty much my first real trail ride expierience.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome aboard....
there are a lot of unmarked trails in allaire but there are also 3 main trails that are quite easy to follow also we have some gps trails posted on this site...

D

DannyC21

Thanks guys. I am definitely interested in getting a tour or jumping onto a group ride.

What kind of riding can I expect to do at Allaire? Meaning, are the trails mostly flat singletrack or is it much more technical. Are there a lot climbs and downhills or can expect a lot of a mix of stuff. In Philly, I ride at the Wissahickon Valley Park a few days a week, and that place is extremely technical with a lot of short steep climbs and downhills. Every ride is tough, but a ton of fun (really addicting).

Just curious to learn more because I know nothing about Allaire. I've been riding since September and I haven't ventured out of the Wiss yet.

D

DannyC21

However, depending on what kind of friends you have you may not be in any condition to ride. Memorial Day in Belmar brings bad things to ones body.

haha. Yea my friends are alcoholics, but I'm not much of a binge drinker. Maybe one night I'll have a few to many, but I really hate losing control of myself so it won't be that bad.

I just got directions from Belmar to the park and I just realized how close it is. If the weather forecast is looking at good weather next weekend, I'll most definitely bring my bike. And gt2brew I'll post up when my decision is definite. Just let me know if you, or any other rider or group ride has any preference on the day. I should be in Belmar on Friday night and will hopefully be there until Monday, so Saturday or Sunday (or both) is fine with me. If I bring my bike I will definitely be hitting the park that weekend, but I'd really appreciate a local's knowledge of the park.

Thanks for everything guys.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That might work for me also I think I am traveling from Tuesday on so I might be able to plead for a Sunday ride to make up.... :)
let's see what we can put together..
PS..don't forget your bikes this Sunday if the weather dosn't suck to bad...

B

BiscoJosh

haha. Yea my friends are alcoholics, but I'm not much of a binge drinker. Maybe one night I'll have a few to many, but I really hate losing control of myself so it won't be that bad.

I just got directions from Belmar to the park and I just realized how close it is. If the weather forecast is looking at good weather next weekend, I'll most definitely bring my bike. And gt2brew I'll post up when my decision is definite. Just let me know if you, or any other rider or group ride has any preference on the day. I should be in Belmar on Friday night and will hopefully be there until Monday, so Saturday or Sunday (or both) is fine with me. If I bring my bike I will definitely be hitting the park that weekend, but I'd really appreciate a local's knowledge of the park.

Thanks for everything guys.

If you stay until tuesday night, you can join our EPIC beginner group rides!!!! My fav day of the week now!

D

DannyC21

Hey guys,

How long is the orange trail in the park? I was looking at the map that was posted up and I'm curious to know long it is.

Also, are there any rides heading out Friday afternoon? I'm still down for meeting up Sunday for a ride, but I also may be inclined to stopping in for a quickie on Friday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions