Looking for Hub Recommendations

Molasses

I have a set of Rabbit Hole Rims that came with my Instigator frame- initially thought I would sell them as I am running the bike as a 27.5 but now am thinking that trying a "plus" size wheel (in this case a 26'er) may be a worthwhile endeavor. I got rims, and tires but need a hub set- I have CK hubs which I could certainly use but I fear that if it is not my cup of tea I may want to sell later on. Trying to get a set of hubs that are reliable and tough- POE not a huge deal as I never really felt it was worth the $. Any recommendations?

I don't really have a recommendation for you. Maybe Surly hubs since the bike is a Surly and so are the rims? Either way, as long as you let me take it for a spin around Nesh, it'll be cool with me. ;-)

Wait CK hubs are unreliable, since when. Then you follow up asking about unreliable hopes and their shity engagement. POE is everything and worth every penny.
Onyx
King
I9
Hadley
I own 3 of the four and soon will be 4for4
These are of course MOO :)

Marty- sorry CK hubs are great and very reliable I don't want to build them with my CK hubs because I want to keep them and I am not too sure about the rabbit holes. That being said I am looking for a reasonable cost, reliable hub. Apologies if I came off dissing CK. Thought maybe Hopes Pro 4 were a step up from 2's

I don't really have a recommendation for you. Maybe Surly hubs since the bike is a Surly and so are the rims? Either way, as long as you let me take it for a spin around Nesh, it'll be cool with me. ;-)
You bet Sir- thinking a geared hub vs as which I think is the only type Surly makes

I've had hope pro 2's and other than needing to replace one of the bearings once, they have been fine. I don't get where the Hope hubs being unreliable comes from. A lot of guys I ride with have them and they have been great.

If you want a cheap no frills hub , check out bikehubstore.com. I have them on my cross bike and they have been pretty sweet. They stock replacement parts too.

You can get them in a bunch of colors too...but if there is a chance you end up selling, just get black.

Back
Top Bottom