Looking for Amputee Riders

jenny boots

Good Evening!

I've been riding for about 4 years now-lovin it more and more. I decided to post since I have a specific agenda and I thought this might be a good forum. I work for a prosthetic and orthotic company and this year I am putting together a special team for 24 hours of Allamuchy. The team will consist of myself, a prosthetist (not to be confused with prostitute- this person makes limbs for a living):), and at least one amputee rider (one of our patients has already voluteered), but we'd like to have more. The purpose is two-fold: as a fund raising event to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, which is a non-profit organization that provides assistance in various ways to our wounded soldiers returning home; as well as to raise awareness for the amputee population and others who live life with affliction- but don't let it get them down.

I'd like to reach out and see if there are any amputee riders out there that would be interested in joining our team. Please contact me if you want more info, want to donate to the Wounded Warrior Project, would like to join us, or know someone who fits the bill. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Good Evening!

I've been riding for about 4 years now-lovin it more and more. I decided to post since I have a specific agenda and I thought this might be a good forum. I work for a prosthetic and orthotic company and this year I am putting together a special team for 24 hours of Allamuchy. The team will consist of myself, a prosthetist (not to be confused with prostitute- this person makes limbs for a living):), and at least one amputee rider (one of our patients has already voluteered), but we'd like to have more. The purpose is two-fold: as a fund raising event to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project, which is a non-profit organization that provides assistance in various ways to our wounded soldiers returning home; as well as to raise awareness for the amputee population and others who live life with affliction- but don't let it get them down.

I'd like to reach out and see if there are any amputee riders out there that would be interested in joining our team. Please contact me if you want more info, want to donate to the Wounded Warrior Project, would like to join us, or know someone who fits the bill. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Great idea!

The Wounded Warrior Project is a great organization and serves a great purpose.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
My "garage band" drummer has no lower legs or fingers.He can do alot and has been thinkin about cycling. I'll run it past him..........

jenny boots

I appreciate everyone using their thinking caps! And yes, the Wounded Warrior Project is a great cause. And if we've sraped the bottom and still haven't found anyone, we may consider amputated pinky finger riders :)

Panhead

I saw a guy racing at the Chainstretcher that was missing his hand, he was riding with a hook type clamp. You might want to reach out to WMBA they might know him. My tendon in my pinky was cut so now it doesn't bend. Does that count?

Shaggz

A strong 7
there was a guy that used to ride the westchester parks, grahm, sprain, blue, who had one hand. he was a real cool guy, and it was neat to see the way the cockpit was rearranged to accommodate his needs.

Shaggz

A strong 7
jenny, it has been about 5 years since i have seen him, and i do not remember his name. however, there are some folks on this board from the westchester mountain bike association, wmbarace is one of them. you should drop him a PM. i would also suggest going to www.wmba.org, and ask around on their forum, as well.

Top Bottom