Looking for advice on Fork

F

frankinnj

I have Lyric 2-step, it has a tapered steerer tube, 1/2 inch on the bottom to 1/8 on top. It came with the Remedy I am riding. The question I have is I am thinking about switching to a Fox Talas 36, if I want to do this do I need to have the fork custom made or is there some kind of adapter that I can buy to run a standard 1/8 inch steerer tube?
Thanks

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
You need to buy a Fox Talas with an E2 steerer. The fork you want comes on the bike up from the one you bought so they make it. Neither Trek or Fox seem to offer it aftermarket. See if the shop you got it from will put a call into Trek and get someone on the inside to pull a string or 2;)

-Jim.

mwlikesbikes

So what is the point of having 2 different sizes on your steerer? Wouldn't 1 1/2 on top and bottom make more sense? :hmmm:

For that matter why not just make 10 louder and make 10 be the loudest??? :cool:

F

frankinnj

You need to buy a Fox Talas with an E2 steerer. The fork you want comes on the bike up from the one you bought so they make it. Neither Trek or Fox seem to offer it aftermarket. See if the shop you got it from will put a call into Trek and get someone on the inside to pull a string or 2;)

-Jim.

Jim, thanks. I remember seeing that bike when I was shopping for mine.

Top Bottom