Long weekend coming up Nov 6-9th...

xc62701

Where should I go? I'm thinking of taking a biking trip somewhere and I'm debating where to go. I've been down to Pisgah NC a couple of times and like that place but I'm thinking of maybe going somewhere new. I'd like to go somewhere that's at most 12-13 hours away. Where's a spot that's extensive enough for 3 long days of exploring and will be a blast to ride? I've given up on going north as I'll be camping and warmer temps definitely sound better. Whatcha think?

THATmanMANNY

I have someplace in mind that I read about in one of the Mountain Bike Mag's. I'll have to dig it up and let you know where. Trail system was extensive enough to do multi day trip and it's in the south. Somewhere in Georgia or one of those neighboring states... Get back to you.

xc62701

Cool let me know. I just went on the imba.com site to look up the epics. There's some nice ones in PA, VA, and GA that are in range. That's a possibility. I might do something totally epic in the area as well.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just an update elk river is where i've stayed and they have cabins and rest. that serves veggi meals and pasta dinners perfect for after long rides, also there's a great bikeshop in town. Oh yeah and a Micro brew also!

xc62701

Wow I just looked on the map and it's so close to the New River Gorge. That's awesome. This is seeming like a better place for Spring Break. Ride like crazy and then recover by sending some routes at the New. Awesome!

THATmanMANNY

MTB Mag July 2008

(This isn't what I was originally thinking of but this is what I can find for ya for now. The article is long& descriptive, but I guess you should google them)

"7 Classic Trails in 7 Days: Head for the Appalachians for the Ultimate MTB Road Trip" or in your case maybe just hit a few of these spots

1. Slaty Fork, WV
2. Little Beaver, WV
3. Iron Mountain, VA
4. Wilson Creek, NC
5. Dupont State Forest, NC
6. Raccoon Mountain, Tennessee
7. Monte Sano, Alabama

I WOULD SO DO THAT ROAD TRIP NEXT YEAR IF ANYONE IS WILLING...THAT IS JUST FILLED WITH EPIC PROPORTIONS OF FUN

xc62701

(This isn't what I was originally thinking of but this is what I can find for ya for now. The article is long& descriptive, but I guess you should google them)

"7 Classic Trails in 7 Days: Head for the Appalachians for the Ultimate MTB Road Trip" or in your case maybe just hit a few of these spots

1. Slaty Fork, WV
2. Little Beaver, WV
3. Iron Mountain, VA
4. Wilson Creek, NC
5. Dupont State Forest, NC
6. Raccoon Mountain, Tennessee
7. Monte Sano, Alabama

I WOULD SO DO THAT ROAD TRIP NEXT YEAR IF ANYONE IS WILLING...THAT IS JUST FILLED WITH EPIC PROPORTIONS OF FUN

Heck yea! I've done Dupont and Monte Sano and they are sweet! If that's any sign of the rest that would be an amazing trip!

Top Bottom