Long shot - hitch cargo tray to borrow?

rlb

Long shot...anyone have one of these to borrow? this weekend? in the Somerville area? I know I'm not asking too much....might need to transport the blower.

1643304101392.png

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I may be able to help you out, just depends on timing. My wife’s car is in the shop but we are getting it later tonight… so if you could wait until tomorrow morning I could bring my truck if it’s not a super long drive. I have ramps and straps. I’m not sure when this snow is supposed to start.

rlb

Thanks for the offer Dave but I'd be asking way too much by taking you up on that. I'm looking for a way to get my blower from Bridgewater to Belleville to potentially help my dad clear his place. So it would be after the snow. Thanks anyway!!

w_b

I’m not sure your blower will fit on mine, but you’re welcome to come borrow it Rob. I know my new blower would need a plywood deck on top of it. I’ll go measure it later and reply back.

Reactions: rlb

rlb

I’m not sure your blower will fit on mine, but you’re welcome to come borrow it Rob. I know my new blower would need a plywood deck on top of it. I’ll go measure it later and reply back.
Thanks! Most of the trays seem to be ~60x20 inches, which I think is too small as well. I need to measure the footprint of my blower when I get home tonight.

jklett

I'm in Hillsborough too and you're more than welcome to borrow mine. I'll measure it when I get a chance.

rlb

I have a small landscape trailer if nothing else works out
I have one which is plan B, just trying to avoid using it. I ultimately need to get to the end of a dead-end street with cars parked on both sides that doesn't get plowed.

w_b

Thanks for checking, not gonna work. Blower has a 26x32 footprint.
a 26 x 60” piece of 3/4” ply and a couple scrap pieces of 2x4 held to the bottom strategically with some deck screws, and you haulin’. I might even have everything you need in stock at mi Casa.

rlb

a 26 x 60” piece of 3/4” ply and a couple scrap pieces of 2x4 held to the bottom strategically with some deck screws, and you haulin’. I might even have everything you need in stock at mi Casa.

Good call, that would hold it. But I still have the problem of getting it on/off a few times. At that point I think I'll just deal w/ the trailer.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for checking, not gonna work. Blower has a 26x32 footprint.

Yeah, hopefully I won't have to do it at all...

how wide are the wheels? if the wheels fit within the tracks just rest the auger housing on top and ratchet strap it down(you should be doing this anyways), youll be fine.

rlb

how wide are the wheels? if the wheels fit within the tracks just rest the auger housing on top and ratchet strap it down(you should be doing this anyways), youll be fine.

Good point, it's 20" from wheel-wheel (outside edges). This would probably work, but I still have the problem of loading/unloading the blower (150 lbs according to the manual). It'll just be a shovel project, looks like we're only supposed to get ~6" anyway.

Gonna grab the cheapo ramp one from Harbor Freight once they come back into stock.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good point, it's 20" from wheel-wheel (outside edges). This would probably work, but I still have the problem of loading/unloading the blower (150 lbs according to the manual). It'll just be a shovel project, looks like we're only supposed to get ~6" anyway.

Gonna grab the cheapo ramp one from Harbor Freight once they come back into stock.

you dont have a couple lengths of 2x6? (maybe 2x4s would work if your extra careful) couple screws threw em to catch the edge of the carrier and drive it on under its own power?

Reactions: w_b

w_b

the ol back up to the snowbank and driver on/ off works.

150 lb pfft c’mon Rob you only need to lift half of it at a time…

Top Bottom