Locksmith - Anyone know a good one???

blackburn1973

Didn't think this would be a challenge to find, but here we are. Have a '04 Honda Pilot and the lock cylinder is shot (fairly common issue in this car). I have a replacement cylinder and can do the swap of the cylinder and the chip no problem but I need a competent locksmith to rekey the new cylinder for the old key. Have tried a few folks in my area and they've either tried to sell me on a different solution (e.g working with existing cylinder, which is a no-go) or haven't bothered getting back to me. You all haven't led me wrong on bike stuff so thought you might have a rec on this.

Appreciate any help you got.

ekuhn

Ms Asbury Locksmith out of North Brunswick.

Call Jamie - 732-921-8595. He's very talented well trained certified locksmith.

blackburn1973

note to self... Buy the book, how to survive without FB. Because there is no way I'm going back on that shit show

The dealer should be able to code it using your vin
Agree, and have never actually had a FB account. But can still see what's needed from the link.

Trying to avoid the dealer if possible to keep it on the cheap (and I'd like the locks to still work with the key).

Dingo

Agree, and have never actually had a FB account. But can still see what's needed from the link.

Trying to avoid the dealer if possible to keep it on the cheap (and I'd like the locks to still work with the key).
The parts department can usually do this, no need to bring in the vehicle. Thats how it's done in gm land.

raciohurg

I also thought it is not so hard to find a good locksmith, but I was wrong. Recently I also needed a good locksmith to repair the door lock on my Toyota. It was an emergency. I surfed a lot on the internet to find a good team of locksmiths. I choose more to listen to the opinions of acquaintances than the internet. That's why I called many friends to ask for help, and many of them recommended a company from my country. I definitely called them - a lovely team, I recommend. They work very qualitatively and quickly. I don't even mention the price, it's a perfect one. If you still need a good locksmith, I can tell you for sure that you can trust them.

nietznad

I'm not a mechanic, so what I say might not be entirely accurate. Consider that before following my advice. I had a situation once. My key got stuck in the ignition. I googled "Car keys stuck in ignition," hoping I find something that might help, and I did. I put it in the park and was able to remove it. But the ignition has deteriorated. I took it to the repair center. They said they could replace it if I find a replacement. A friend recommended looking at the parts department because they usually have it. You could try and go there. You don't even need to bring your car with you.

iman29

I'm not a mechanic, so what I say might not be entirely accurate. Consider that before following my advice. I had a situation once. My key got stuck in the ignition. I googled "Car keys stuck in ignition," hoping I find something that might help, and I did. I put it in the park and was able to remove it. But the ignition has deteriorated. I took it to the repair center. They said they could replace it if I find a replacement. A friend recommended looking at the parts department because they usually have it. You could try and go there. You don't even need to bring your car with you.
@Patrick maybe Mr. NietznadBot can hook you up with a new guy for Keyfobs too? 😆 😆

Top Bottom