Lochiel Creek

Short ride. Main trail is a little boring. 1.75 miles of not much happening. But quite a few side trails that are hilly and fun. Because it is so short it leaves plenty of time to explore the unmarked trails. And that's where all the fun is. If you are close and looking to kill an hour or two I would recommend it. IMG_1695.PNG IMG_1697.JPG Top of one of the many fun hills.

giff06

We've ridden there. Agree the side trails are more interesting than the main one. Also close access to Barnegat Rail Trail if that sorta thing is exciting to you. We went once and feel Jakes Branch is way more fun.

Yes I agree. Just being nice to the folks in the Barnegat area. I am closer to Jakes and DTSP and like it better as well. I will go back to Lochiel though. Had a fun morning.

EJphotos

Bumping this thread. Just checked it out tonight on my rail trail ride. A fun little loop if you are super local...definitely not a destination trip, but if you are in the area, take a look. Two bridges on the main white trail...one is a larger bridge with railings about 30 feet long. The other is a tiny 6 foot by 18" wide, not very well placed because of the nasty root cluster on each side:

20200716_180728-3024x2268.jpg

Reactions: w_b
Top Bottom