LM today 5pm (Attempt #2)

BAIN

Gonna try and get there. I wanna do the yellow from right to left and then cross over and up to see how muddy the stream section is. Gray Audi with Thule rack on trunk.

Suhr40

I was in LM this morning (8:30 - 10:30) and the trails were frozen and very good, except for a few spots with standing water/ice, which I walked around. By the time I was packing it in, the surface of the trail was beginning to have some "give" to it, and unfortunately the next few hours of semi-warm temps are not going to help. I would not count on good conditions except in early AM. At the very least I would try to avoid the areas that historically are wet, because they will be for quite some time. Good Luck!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i walked out in my back yard today and it was muddy. i'm going to go out on a limb here and say LM will be too. report back though, i'd be interested to hear about it.

ADZ

Hi mate, Hope you was able to get out today, i am going to try and ride LM early tomorrow morning if the rain holds off. so if you could let me know how the trails are and any info you have with conditions out there.

Cheers

BAIN

Now that I have my head back to normal with a pint of porter, lets discuss. I didn't do a huge ride, but I had a ton of fun. Not a soul there except for myself. I was really surprised that after that rain we had it wasn't in worse shape then it was. Overall, I would say 75% of what I rode was near perfect. I only did the yellow loop from right to left and on the downhill back to the pavillion I busted a left on the orange and brought that back across to the beginning of the yellow and called it a day.

Muddy spots: The valley by the bridge just below the back parking lot was makeable, just very spinny. The only section that I didn't feel like taking down, allthough I tried before getting the feeling that I was going to eat shit was the section from the back parking lot that parallels the road that leads to the pavillion. The downhill to the paviliion including the road was pretty soft, I wouldn't recommend climbing that just yet, well not in the afternoon.

Anyways, the orange as a whole was perfect. The yellow was pretty fun up until the back parking lot. All in all I had a great time.

Gonna go back wednesday to check out the other side and intermix the red/blue/green.

ADZ

Thanks for the heads up. if the temps drop tonight it should be all frozen up for a early morning ride.

cheers mate

Top Bottom