LM Deer Maintanence

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Planning on going to LM tomorrow early afternoon. Anyone know if there is deer maintanence on wednesdays still?

Sorry, I do not know for sure. I tried F&G site and also the LM Park website but no info. I would call the ranger station or parks department to be 100%, but right now, the zone in which LM Park falls has permit bow, permit shotgun and permit muzzleloader open.

Technically, hunters are supposed to be firing into areas away from known multi-use trails and only at doe at this time of year (unless they have a buck tag). I would not take my chances; I know there are hunters out there who have some questionable ethics regarding their shot direction and placement. Doe are the target population at the moment as far as management is concerned. With a full moon on the wax deer will be moving mostly in the afternoon/nightime hours.

Morris County Parks phone main #: 973-285-6010 (main number for Freeholders office; ask for parks department or related office for info)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If they have hunting hourse they close the park until 12-1, so no issues getting shot.

My guess is that it's still ongoing but it's only a guess.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was thinking of heading there today myself, but this reminded me of the hunting. i don't think it's still going on but i'm not 100% sure. i wish i had paid attention to the sign when we were there the other day.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
isn't today wednesday? i never know what day it is unless i have a meeting in the city.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Just got back from LM. The trails were excellent!!! Parked off 510 at the lot for patroits trail. Started in on the yellow trail and 200 yards in ran into a guy on a hardtail Kestrel. Shot the stuff for a minute or two and followed his lines in the snow. If not for his tire tracks I probably would have gotten lost. Thanks alot dude on the Kestrel! Rode all the trails on the south side of 510. There is about 1 inch of snow on 90 percent of the trails. Most awesome hearing it crush under the 2.3 29er tires. I would recommend anyone who can make it tomorrow before the snow is gone. A couple of slick spots especially off camber turns with roots. And also watch out on the wooden bridges. Dumped it pretty good over one! BTW the deer maintenence is next wednesday also, but I believe only until 1pm. Jersey_Girl_Rides thanks for the phone # for the parks services.

Top Bottom