Livingston Trail

crash

Has anyone ever explored the Livingston Trail network on Wawayanda Mountain?
Situated between Barry Lake and Breakneck Road, crossing AT.
I see it on a 2001 park map, but it has been omitted since.

jimf

Has anyone ever explored the Livingston Trail network on Wawayanda Mountain?
Situated between Barry Lake and Breakneck Road, crossing AT.
I see it on a 2001 park map, but it has been omitted since.

I was digging around a long time ago and found this link

http://www.wawayandalivingston.blogspot.com/

I had always meant to explore this area but never got around to it. I tried several times to schedule a lost Saturday with the guys I usually ride with but since we all have time constraints on our ride time its always ends up being a hard sell riding trails that are off the beaten path and may not be maintained.

What park map did you see this on? Do you have a link?

crash

The 2001 Wawayanda Map is too big as an attachment.
The Livingston South Trail starts at the intersection with the AT atop Wawayanda Mountain just east of the parking lot off of Route 94. There is a "mail box" at the intersection. It has a blue blazes. About 1/4 mile south of that point there is an intersection with the old AT which is blazed with faded 3 white vertical dots, which dumps you out near Barry lakes, or continue on the blue for another 1/2 mile until you reach the intersection to the right with a trail that is blazed with an orange dot. This dumps you out on Breakneck Road or continue onward on the blue which dumps you out also on Breakneck Road but more west. I think there is a waterfall in there somewhere. I don't know if JORBA or the Black Bear Cycling Club has done any trail maintenance back there. Here is a link that covers this description and provides a topo map. Upon further review, I don't know if this is ride-able! I have just hiked a bit back there coming up from the parking lot off of Rt 94.

http://www.localhikes.com/HikeData.ASP?DispType=1&ActiveHike=0&GetHikesStateID=&ID=4256

Panhead

Black Bear has done some work over there a couple of years ago. Mainly quad trails over there. On top there is a loop with a washed out stream bed climb, swamp on one end. You can get to the little overlooks, the blue trail leading to the AT is in bad shape. Not bad for poking around if you want to stray from the park, just make sure you don't end up on 94by the state line.

NJMX835

Mostlly quad double tracks, washed out fireroads, and some old overgrown singletrack. The place has a lot of potential, but needs people to build there and to ride it also. I cleared some of the single track a few years ago, but I'm sure it's all overgrown by now.

The trail the runs along the lookouts isn't bad if you don't mind some hike a bike. The views are nice for sure.

crash

I was there today exploring the orange market trail that connects Barry lake with the AT.
Lots of potential but totally un-rideable in its current state.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions