Listed inaccuracies in McCain's speech

gtluke

The Moped
in my eyes, i lose even more rights under obama. he's never talked about killing off the patriot act. he has talked about infringing on my 2nd amendment rights. he has talked about eliminating my freedom of choice when it comes to healthcare. he has talked about limiting capitalism.

kubuntu 8.10 comes out in 2.5 weeks. i'm waiting until then to reformat my computer. basically half of my programs no longer function including spell check.

sure i'd love to go riding. but we can't go in my county, the democrats made bicycle riding in their parks illegal :)
wait that would be my parks... guess not

haha
:love:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
in this case ayes openly admits to being a terrorist.

Arguing about what Ayers is or has done is pretty useless- it's safe to say he's a fairly unrepentant idiot/terrorist who skated free because inept law enforcement bungled his case so badly.

But using the "guilt by association" logic that the McCain campaign is using, Walter Annenberg, the publishing magnate and lifelong republican (close friend of Ronald Reagan) whose foundation gave Bill Ayers millions of dollars for that educational initiative, should be labeled a terrorist financier. Annenberg's wife should also be classed as "palling with terrorists," despite the fact that she's actually donated to the McCain campaign. Are these folks really aiding an abetting a terrorist?

Annenbergs_with_Ronald_Reagan_1981_cropped.jpg

Obviously, this whole Ayers thing is a charade meant to distract voters from real issues that actually affect them. The only people who are buying that crap, and this whole ACORN madness, are Fox news watchers who are far more deluded than those DailyKos/Huffington Post folks. ;)

But really, these political arguments are pretty moot. With McCain polling so far behind this close to the election, and prominent conservatives like Christopher Buckley jumping ship and endorsing Obama, it would take a miracle for McCain to pull out a win right now.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
just sticking my head in the door here. NOT going to get into a political debate here because i like the friends ive made thus far on this board and dont need to them to be enemies. my only thoughts though are WHOEVER gets into office is royally fucked becasue of the current state of the nation. you cant shine a turd no matter what form of cleaner you use on it.

PS.... OBAMA '08

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
reference kerry vs bush polling when talking about a miricle.

If you look at the 2004 aggregate poll trendline, Bush led Kerry from early September all the way through the election, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. In the past 50 years, I don't think any presidential candidate has closed a 6-7 point polling gap in the last 3 weeks leading up to the election.

3waybig.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
i'm talking about the times when bush was going to lose almost for sure. and in the end he won.
nothing is a sure thing till its over.
and don't forget the bradley effect, which some believe can be as much as 5%
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2004/Pres/Maps/Oct11.html
that was this day in 2004, kerry leading by a nice margin

and i agree with the irish guy
its going to be a mess.
we just need to come up with a way to keep congress out of session for a few years.
would be nice to have a republican congress and democrat president. the country has had its best moments under these condtions because basically NOTHING gets done legislative wise. which is almost always better for us.

Last edited:

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
Look at the numbers on that poll you linked compared to the numbers right now-

Colorado- Obama up 6.7 points (04- Kerry down by 8 points)
Florida- Obama up 4.5 points (04- Kerry down by 5 points)
Iowa- Obama up 13.1 points (04- Kerry up by 1 point)
Indiana- dead heat tied (04- Kerry down by 19 points)
Missouri- dead heat tied (04- Kerry down by 2 points)
North Carolina- Obama up 1.3 points (04- Kerry down by 7 points)
New Mexico- Obama up 8.8 points (04- Kerry down by 1 point)
Nevada- Obama up 3.4 points (04- Kerry up by 1 point)
Ohio- Obama up 3.1 points (04- Kerry up by 1 point)
Virginia- Obama up 6.4 points (04- Kerry down by 3 points)
West Virginia- McCain only up by 1.3 points (04- Kerry down by 6 points)

If you want to keep deluding yourself into thinking that McCain has a chance, then go right ahead. ;)

And no dice on the legislative branch- the democrats are poised to pick up at least 5 senate seats, and maybe as many as 10. Major gains in congress as well. We'll see what they get done. If they fail to improve things, voters will let their frustration be known at the midterm elections. The democratic process at work...

Last edited:

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
meh, its okay with me. we need another carter to get another reagan.

I guess thats one way of looking at it. You could also look at it as we need another Clinton to clean up the mess that a Bush made... ;)

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
well then who's going to clean up barney frank's and chris dodd's housing disaster?

Isn't it just like wall street to blame politicians rather than accepting blame for over-leveraging themselves in pursuit of bonuses and profit. While I don't care for the government securing the debt of Fannie and Freddie, the unregulated pursuit of greed led to the shoddy lending, not programs geared to help a few poor people get loans for houses in neighborhoods that banks don't typically lend in.

gtluke

The Moped
well at least we can agree that its no matter how hard they try, blame can't be put on the republicans for the latest financial crisis.
i mean years ago bush and mccain both tried to get new regulation started and congress just wasn't interested.

gtluke

The Moped
bush was on record asking cogress for re regulation, and mccain has his his name on a letter with a bunch of other senators trying to get the ball rolling
barney frank was the opponent. infact he was pretty angry about anyone asking.

Top Bottom