• Both

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Will probably get a set soon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
sigh! Ya know what it means when posts about lights come up. Either a 24hr race is coming or the season is coming to an end. Just the thought of commuting home from work in the dark depresses me.

T

Timekiller

I bought one of the 5 dollar specials from ledshoppe.com it's not bad as a safety light, and I am crazy enough to use it in the trails (very slowly, on trails I know)

I would just never get a lot of use from a $200+ light, but it would be nice.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Me, will be in use this weekend, more than likely. VistaLite NIghtstick Code 25. MTBR link here:

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Lights/product_122255.shtml

The picture isn't what I have though. This is:

http://www.totalbike.com/news/article/149/

Very reliable, comparatively inexpensive, not easy to find. I got mine on Ebay for $175. They work very well. But the set won't get you through the dark stages of the whole 24 hour race, which isn't a concern since I'll assuredly be sleeping for a good part of that. Well, it could work but you need to be charging a third and not always have 2 lights on when you ride.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have a light from the early 90's that i used a lot at one point. back when i had time, i rode at night a lot. i dunno if it even works now or if i could hack it into working again. i think it was a pretty expensive get up. but, since i work from home and have some flexibility, i can ride during the day. therefore daylight savings doesn't exist for me. :D

Baccala

Helmet lights seam to work better for me. Because the light shines were i"m Looking, Not were the bike is pointing. I've used both.

ytc100

Dark early = winter soon. And that means skiing. :D

But until it snows, I have a cygolite bar mount and nightrider helmet mount for my early morning rides. They do the job but I'm not a big fan of riding in the dark.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
Dark early = winter soon. And that means skiing. :D

But until it snows, I have a cygolite bar mount and nightrider helmet mount for my early morning rides. They do the job but I'm not a big fan of riding in the dark.

((Dark early = winter soon) = no riding) = no fun!

S

Stan LeCupp

I have a light and motion HID setup.It seems a little brighter than the nightrider ones IMO, plus it comes with two mounts for handlebar and helmet.

Judge Smails

I've had a helmet mounted Light N Motion HID for about 3 years now and I love it. It's a must for a mid week after work ride in the fall.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i know that night riding is not legal in northern nj, with the exception of the rides sponsored by the morris county trails commsion/jorba, but at which parks can you push the limits?

Judge Smails

I'll just say that I have never had any problem ridding at night at any park. If you're smart and don't ride in parks that don't allow bikes you shouldn't have a problem at night.

mtn

Any suggestions for bar mounted lights, or any for sale?

yes, I know the thread is as old as...

Ron

We have 4 nite rider 850’s and 1 1200. Either one is plenty bright for what I do. The 850’s were on close out earlier this year at 50% off. That is why we own 4 of them.

MSalvatore

outbound light is what I run on the bars and a night rider on my helmet. The outbound is awesome and usually set it to adaptive and have never run out of battery on a ride.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Any suggestions for bar mounted lights, or any for sale?

yes, I know the thread is as old as...
There's 40% off quite a bit of stuff at Sports Basement, I saw them in another forum. They have several brands however I've never ordered from them. I have several different Niterider setups throughout the family which I really like.

This is a direct link to lights in interested:

Top Bottom