Lights

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Anybody knows of a company that rents lights for 24hr events other than Princeton Tec?

As of now, Princeton Tec will only be renting for the 24hr of Allamuchy.

Thanks

Shaggz

A strong 7
El Z: I have 2 sets that you can borrow, they are both nite riders. the 10W only burns for about 1:20, and I use it on the helmet. The other set is 15 watt and has 2 batteries, one for a water bottle holder and the other you can use for a helmet set or strap to your bike. both batteries have pretty decent burn times (3 plus hours). let me know if you are interested, and we can take this to PMs.

Caveat, I am Norm's support crew for the night leg of the race. So he gets first dibs.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh by the way Steve can I call dibs on those as backup/secondary for the 24 HOA?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do but I'm not sure if they're shitting the bed or not right now. I think the 2 batteries just sat around too long without use so lost charge but this week I rode with lights 2 days and they crapped out in about 10 minutes. I should put the 5w bulb in so they don't drain quite so fast.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Well let me know what you want to do. Like I posted above, you got first shot and El Z's got em if you say no.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will do. I think El Z was asking for a different event which is why I chimed in for the 24 HOA. Not sure how many night laps I'll do but if it's more than 2 I'll need to either charge or a second set. Mine are pretty fast burning.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Shaggz thanks for the offer. Norm is right, I was asking for another event: the 24hr ChurnNBurn. I don't ride at night very often so I've been holding off on buying a set of lights. I don't feel like dropping $400-$500 on something I don't use often.

I sent Princeton Tec the form for the Allamuchy rental so I think I am covered there. I might have my buddy's spear for the Churn N Burn, but I was wondering if anybody new of a rental just to play it safe.

Thanks again,

ps. you think if I buy a sh*tload of these, i'll be OK?
http://glowrus.com/50_pcs_premium_quality_6_lightstick.html :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
el z when is the churn and burn? send me a pm, we can meet up prior to the race, and you can send 'em back with sean.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Sept 15/16.
Gee thanks, the race is Sept 15/16, lemme see if I find something before it, if not I'll take your offer.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom