Liberty Water Gap Trail

rockstar

Came across a new posted sign at Lewis Morris...regarding this trail across NJ...

http://www.libertygap.org/

Thinking about doing a section of it from Lewis Morris> west...would really like to hear from someone who has ridden this...

Rozack

I don't think you can ride the Dismal Harmony part of the trail, you would have to ride up Woodland Ave.

rockstar

I think you are right, although I did ride it once...it comes out by a water treatment plant...

Rozack..Have you ridden the section of patriots that connects with Black river?

Rozack

I live in Randolph near where the trail breaks between Heistins Park and The Black River WMA. I have ridden from Black River to the Columbia Trail to Schooleys Mtn. but I went up Pleasant Hill Rd to Larson Rd, then on Hillside cross 206 down Four Bridges to the Columbia Trail. I'm not sure of the route they show you after you get out of the Black River. The Dismal Harmony is the the turn off the Patriots Path in Mendham that takes you to East Main Street and will take you out by Clyde Potts Reservoir. The Water Treatment plan is at the other end by the India brook by Ironia Rd.

rockstar

Thank you...it's the Mendham Twp. Public Works Bdlgs. on Mt.Pleasant Rd., I was thinking of...thanks again.

rockstar

The whole trail is over 130 miles linking 6 different trail systems, then factor in ones own ability?:popcorn:

Me:hmmm:...a week

Top Bottom