Lezine bike pump, heads up!

Kaleidopete

This pump works great! Even for my 4.8 fat bike tire.
But!, when I went to use it yesterday when I flatted, I couldn't get the hose to detach from the housing where it is stored.
I needed to borrow a pliers to unscrew it because the threads had corroded and fused together.
I plan on wire wheeling it and using anti seize for future use.
I love the pump, just suggesting buyers prepare ahead of time for when you need the pump. Without the pliers I was dead in the water.

Lezine coroded.jpg

Good to know. I have a Lenzyne on my road & gravel bike. They’re always getting sprayed with shit being strapped on by the bottle cage. I’ll have to keep up on that.

Take a piece of old inner tube and make a sleeve to cover the bottom part of the pump if you frame mount your pump. Anti Sieze is also a good idea.

This pump is actually stored IN my frame bag, not on the frame. My other Lezine is a smaller hand pump that is fine.
It doesn't screw into the metal base, the hose is stored in the head of the pump.

Another tip for using Lezyne thread-on pump heads: Make sure your valve cores are tight. I've had the experience of borrowing a friend's Lezyne and unscrewing the valve core while attempting to remove the pump head. Can be quite a shock to have all the air come blasting out after you've just pumped it in.

Another tip for using Lezyne thread-on pump heads: Make sure your valve cores are tight. I've had the experience of borrowing a friend's Lezyne and unscrewing the valve core while attempting to remove the pump head. Can be quite a shock to have all the air come blasting out after you've just pumped it in.
Agree, this happens quite a bit with my Lezyne pump.

Back
Top Bottom