Lezine bike pump, heads up!

Kaleidopete

This pump works great! Even for my 4.8 fat bike tire.
But!, when I went to use it yesterday when I flatted, I couldn't get the hose to detach from the housing where it is stored.
I needed to borrow a pliers to unscrew it because the threads had corroded and fused together.
I plan on wire wheeling it and using anti seize for future use.
I love the pump, just suggesting buyers prepare ahead of time for when you need the pump. Without the pliers I was dead in the water.

Lezine coroded.jpg

mwlikesbikes

Good to know. I have a Lenzyne on my road & gravel bike. They’re always getting sprayed with shit being strapped on by the bottle cage. I’ll have to keep up on that.

onetracker

Take a piece of old inner tube and make a sleeve to cover the bottom part of the pump if you frame mount your pump. Anti Sieze is also a good idea.

Kaleidopete

This pump is actually stored IN my frame bag, not on the frame. My other Lezine is a smaller hand pump that is fine.
It doesn't screw into the metal base, the hose is stored in the head of the pump.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Another tip for using Lezyne thread-on pump heads: Make sure your valve cores are tight. I've had the experience of borrowing a friend's Lezyne and unscrewing the valve core while attempting to remove the pump head. Can be quite a shock to have all the air come blasting out after you've just pumped it in.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Another tip for using Lezyne thread-on pump heads: Make sure your valve cores are tight. I've had the experience of borrowing a friend's Lezyne and unscrewing the valve core while attempting to remove the pump head. Can be quite a shock to have all the air come blasting out after you've just pumped it in.
Agree, this happens quite a bit with my Lezyne pump.

Top Bottom