Lewis Morris Time Trial - 12/1

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
MTBNJ Unofficial Offseason Training Series Event #2

* Date: 12/1, this Saturday

* Time: 9:00 am riders start going at 1 minute intervals.

* Place: The pavilion in Lewis Morris park

* Pre-ride: I will be there at 8:00 am to pre-ride the course. Anyone who wants to pre-ride can join.

* Classes: One big fat open class right now.

* Course: TBD depending on volunteers. If no volunteers it will just be the yellow trail, 1 loop.

* Numbers: Min 5 riders. If we get fewer then 5, all riders get 10 points and we'll do a group ride.

* Volunteers: I would say at least 2 would be great, 3 would be fantastic. 2 points per hour?

* Time: A shorter day overall than the Round Valley event. Depending on the TT end we can go out and do a group ride but I need to leave by 11:30-ish.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any possiblility of doing something like this on a Sunday?

Not this weekend, but after this weekend sure! I like Saturday races in the offseason because it gives me time to decompress and spend time with the family as well as sleep in the next day. I found getting up to work after the H2H races tough sometimes, for sure. But I understand some people work Saturdays :)

But this specific weekend is Saturday because I've got to get the leaves off the lawn Sunday, and I need the extra day for them to dry out.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
norm, why not make it the race loop from 2006? you could add that "new" single track section in, then climb back up to the teal and continue. it just so happens i did that today. here's the data:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=4516775

pending any major and unknown family commitments, i'll be there either to race, or preride and then sit on my butt and drink hot chocolate.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The biggest issue with making it a bigger loop is that people are going to need to navigate it without tape and people saying "go that way". The more people who volunteer the more we can vary the course I suppose. If there were an easy and non-illegal way to mark the course I would do that.

S

Shar0se

yay! I love Lewis Morris!! I'll come and race or volunteer. :) Not sure if race is the correct word.....since I might not be much competition (it'll be my 3rd day using clipless), but I'll ride as fast as I can. lol Or I'll go for a ride and help out!

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The biggest issue with making it a bigger loop is that people are going to need to navigate it without tape and people saying "go that way". The more people who volunteer the more we can vary the course I suppose. If there were an easy and non-illegal way to mark the course I would do that.

there has to be a way to do that.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if there aren't that many people, in a place like lewis morris, you could scratch arrows into the trail with a stick or your foot.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
what about the carrot thing? the deer will take care of them over night. or the bunnies.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
* Numbers: Min 5 riders. If we get fewer then 5, all riders get 10 points and we'll do a group ride.

* Volunteers: I would say at least 2 would be great, 3 would be fantastic. 2 points per hour?

What's the deal with the points?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what about the carrot thing? the deer will take care of them over night. or the bunnies.

How about this? At every questionable intersection put a tomato on the "wrong" trail and a carrot on the "right" trail? Maybe a volunteer at the close intersections if we get enough?

xc62701

I was tied for 2nd last weekend...I must return to represent! Plus I should have the race bike back by then. Sweet!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i 'm considering using bird seed to mark non-obvious turns on the buzzard's bash route. i need to experiment to see how long it lasts.

Wazu

You mean to tell me you can't pin up arrows on the pre ride then take em down later? Is that like taboo?

Top Bottom