lewis morris results & thoughts

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, so I was nervous since it was my first race ever, and all things considered I was OK with my race. I came in mid-pack and probably could have done a little better if I got a better start. there was a pile up going into the first section of the single track that threw me off and basically kept me from doing better. I did learn some valuable lessons though:
1. the start is EVERYTHING. if you can get away from the slower riders quick you have a huge advantage
2. not everyone that rides in the 'beginner' race is one. there were definitely more than a couple ringers.
3. don't change broken in cables two days before a race
4. although seven miles isn't far, it's a long way when you go all out and don't stop at all (except when your cables stretch and you have to fix it)

all in all it was a good learning experience. I am definitely NOT in as good a shape as I thought!

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have no idea where I finished, so yeah, you can post it. sheesh, I guess I did pretty bad if you're asking? not that i'd be surprised...

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
38th out of how many? i actually thought I was in at 47 minutes so the time is better than I thought. i was figuring i'd be in around 45 minutes before the race...but yeah, what was the winning time?

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
none taken scott. :D I thought it was 47 but the way my computer is..
in all honesty, I probably should have been in around that time but I know I lost time on the turn going into the single track and trying to fix my bike when the cable stretched. I wound up getting it close and riding the next 3.5 miles with it jumping all over

Top Bottom