Lewis morris okay to ride after all the rain?

TheLonerider

Anyone been to Lewis Morris since it stopped raining last week? Got a new bike I'm itching to try out but unfortunately the local park to me is Watchung and that is still a work in progress and I have no wish to antagonize "the man". It's 3/4 of an hour drive to Lewis morris tho, so I don't wanna go just to find it too muddy to ride. Anyone been there the last few days please weigh in -- yeh or nay?

I'm real psyched its my first good fitting dual suspension...

Too muddy and wet? dry enuff? Just right? What?

Many thanks,

Lonerider

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was there last weekend and it was fine. @Harry Hamilton rode LewMo for an hour or so before we hit Patriots Path with the NICA kids, and he was more or less clean. So was PP. That place drains well. May be a few puddles, but nothing to stop you from riding.

adogg

Please let us know how it was. Interested in heading out tomorrow.
Spent few hours there today. Overall, trails were in very good conditions, bike remained clean after 2 hours. At the end, I rode a section of Green / Yellow where it splits near Doe Meadow Rd. and the clay there is soft and sticky as that area takes a while to dry out.

TheLonerider

Sorry for the late post. Yeh what he said, it was barely damp. Bike stayed clean. Definately needed the ride, went home happy.

Top Bottom