Lewis Morris conditions?

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I was there yesterday in the afternoon. It was fairly dry. I dont know the trail colors that well, so bear with my descriptions! The section of the race course by the "back parking lot" was muddy as usual. The trail going up to the campsite, through the brush was a complete mud pit, stick with the trail that has the crushed stone on it. Also hit the Northern loop on the PP side and that was dry, just very washed out on the one downhill section. Overall, it was a nice ride only a few sections need to be avoided. Hit it before the rain later in the week.

kevindef

LM Conditions

Thanks for the info. I will try to get there later today. I know the spot where it is usually a mud pit and takes awhile to dry out. I will avoid those areas.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Suhr40

Lm 3/17

I just got back from LM, I rode from 8-9:45AM and it was pretty good. I like to get in while it's still frozen, and today it didn't start to soften until about 9:30. With the wind kicking up, the slightly soft areas should finish drying out, (in time for tomorrows rain). The usually muddy areas were pretty much drained and just a bit soft as I was finishing. I rode the yellow and red trails and then went to Patriots Path.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
im going to be going here soon as in this friday or sunday...i got a date friday night...but anyway is it worth the 45-60min ride up from south amboy...or should i say how does it compare to CR or sourlands...ive been to CR a bunch never Sourlands thats the other trail im headed to this weekend pending conditions...what do you think

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
It was pretty dry yesterday around 2:00, but I'm sure that has all changed this AM. LM is a lot less rocky (read no rocks compaired to CR) and more of a crank fest then CR.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
im going to be going here soon as in this friday or sunday...i got a date friday night...but anyway is it worth the 45-60min ride up from south amboy...or should i say how does it compare to CR or sourlands...ive been to CR a bunch never Sourlands thats the other trail im headed to this weekend pending conditions...what do you think

LM isn't technical at all - its really fast and much more hilly - like a rollercoaster. the sourlands is one of my favorite spots to ride. really really technical in spots. if the conditions look ok i'm probably going to ride the sourlands on sunday.

NIX THAT - there's a TM at CR i think i might be going to instead...

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
The CR TM is next sunday, not this coming sunday.

thanks walt - i totally would have been standing in the parking lot with gloves looking even more lost than usual.

looks like if the conditions are good - i'll be at the sourlands then.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
thanks walt - i totally would have been standing in the parking lot with gloves looking even more lost than usual.

looks like if the conditions are good - i'll be at the sourlands then.

ill be lookin to ride here sunday then give me a time and where you want to meet if you feel like giving me a tour...pending conditions

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
ill be lookin to ride here sunday then give me a time and where you want to meet if you feel like giving me a tour...pending conditions

cool - i'll post it in the ride, events area if it looks alright. i'll try to check the conditions on saturday night when i get home from work to see if its alright.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
next question

what one deals with a rain like this better.?.pretty much is it better then 6mile a few days after a rain...i cant imagine it sourlands or LM would be ridable friday...i want to take me and my friend somewhere new...ive been doing allaire and hartshore cause of the rain every week i havent been to CR in months and never the other 2 places...we did do 6mile but had to stop to beat the bikes up against the trees to get the mud off...let me know thaks

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
what one deals with a rain like this better.?.pretty much is it better then 6mile a few days after a rain...i cant imagine it sourlands or LM would be ridable friday...i want to take me and my friend somewhere new...ive been doing allaire and hartshore cause of the rain every week i havent been to CR in months and never the other 2 places...we did do 6mile but had to stop to beat the bikes up against the trees to get the mud off...let me know thaks

after a rain like this... nothing honestly. it sucks, but its reality for right now. this is probably the hardest time of year to ride.

but in a couple of weeks you won't even be thinking about these kind of conditions. CR, 6 mile, LM, sourlands, they are all going to be swamps at this point through friday...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
ok...so i went there today...kinda i parked by a visitor center crusied the roads past the army huts found a sign for LM county park and a dog park but couldnt find the trails...i did get 7.5miles in on the roads and a dirt path that was up hill the whol;e way and it was a nice day so cant complain but if anyone knows where i was and can tell me what lot is best to park in to get to a trail head that would rule...on this site it shows 3 dif spots around the park i went to the bottom one to park im guessing i was on the complete opposite side that i should have been...good news is i didnt see any mud

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
ok...so i went there today...kinda i parked by a visitor center crusied the roads past the army huts found a sign for LM county park and a dog park but couldnt find the trails...i did get 7.5miles in on the roads and a dirt path that was up hill the whol;e way and it was a nice day so cant complain but if anyone knows where i was and can tell me what lot is best to park in to get to a trail head that would rule...on this site it shows 3 dif spots around the park i went to the bottom one to park im guessing i was on the complete opposite side that i should have been...good news is i didnt see any mud

army huts? sounds like you were at jockey hollow... its a good thing you didn't find trails over there, its illegal to bike there - it's a nat'l park (no mtn biking).

lewis morris is in the area, but on the other side of the mtn...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
army huts? sounds like you were at jockey hollow... its a good thing you didn't find trails over there, its illegal to bike there - it's a nat'l park (no mtn biking).

lewis morris is in the area, but on the other side of the mtn...

yup i did find trails but i stayed off cause im nice...but thats exactly where i was but i def want to go back it looks like its a good place to ride good work out...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions