Lewis Morris conditions?

mtnbiker5

Lm

Just got back from riding LM (monday). slopping and wet to say the least. Fun though. 65 degrees so you cant beat that.

argyle

is the warm weather helping to dry it up? there were many muddy ruts around the little rock "bridges" and in other low areas.

mtnbiker5

Lm

Not really. There were sections that were ok but some of the climbs where like pea soup. I kept trying to run the bike through the leaves to shake off the excess. I'm running the WTB Weirwolves LT now so the treads arent as deep which helps. It was fantastic just to be out there though in this weather. I wanna go hit some golf balls now.

THATmanMANNY

conditions 12/20?

how do you think it will be tomorrow (sat 12/20)? It's like 45 min north of me and I am hoping it may actually have kept snowing there then turned into rain like my area....

mtnbiker5

Season Over

I think its safe to say that the Northern NJ Mtn biking season is now officially over. We've got about 8 inches in Morristown, still dumpin now at 4:45 pm. Calling for more of this on Sunday. Unless we get a lot of rain with warmer temps its over. Do more damage out there now anyway. I was there this past week and it was sloppy. Rideable but sloppy.

Time to break out a couple of nice micro brews, ski some pow, tear down the bike and prepare for 09.

xc62701

I think its safe to say that the Northern NJ Mtn biking season is now officially over. We've got about 8 inches in Morristown, still dumpin now at 4:45 pm. Calling for more of this on Sunday. Unless we get a lot of rain with warmer temps its over. Do more damage out there now anyway. I was there this past week and it was sloppy. Rideable but sloppy.

Time to break out a couple of nice micro brews, ski some pow, tear down the bike and prepare for 09.

Hahaha...COMPETELY the opposite my friend. It's going to be hit or miss but some of the most exciting and rare conditions can be found this time of year. Even with this amount of snow it'll make the trails rideable if you hit the right conditions. It only takes a little bit of warmth to compact the snow and make a nice thick crust on the top. Especially if it ices over or gets a little freezing rain. It'll make the trails almost paved.

If there's fresh snow, as long as it's not too deep thats the best time to ride. It won't really impact riding as long as you can get traction underneath.

So the season isn't over. If it gets warm and sloppy of course avoid the trails, but as long as it's cold test out the conditions and ride away. I'll be getting many days of riding in over the next couple of weeks.

J

jbronko1@mac.com

riding during the Christmas break

i'm up for some rides over the break at LewMo, Chimney, Allamuchy or wherever anyone thinks it will be good. I actually broke the frame on my Gary Fisher Hi Fi+ and it's getting fixed (praying for warranty coverage), but I've borrowed a friends 2nd bike (Specialized Rockhopper) so I'm still game. Anyone got any rides planned at those places over the next 2 weeks?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone ride LM today or yesterday? want to go but don't know how deep snow is.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone here since the rain/freeze? i want to go out tomorrow but don't know if i should roll with the nokians or not. thanks!

rockstar

Robson....I will let you know after I check it out with my dog tonight ...
It will be a much needed break from the teenager:eek:

John Baumann

Not quite sure yet, I'll do my best but I have to wait till later tonight or early AM to find out. Sorry about the vague-ery.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions