Lewis Morris Conditions

road from 1130-1230...as much rain as we had, it dried out quite a bit. However the normal wet spots are very wet.

Anyone know if the raspberries are ok to eat? They look good but not taking any chances.

Last edited:
Any conditions update for Sunday morning (7/29)? Dry enough to ride?
I rode a little bit today. PP from MLK in Morristown to LM. Small loop in LM.

Drier than I expected. I'd still say damp in a lot of spots tho. Large tree down in PP section right across from LM if you decide to cross the street.

From what I saw and the fact that it didn't rain today, I think it should mostly be ok. BUT I did only ride a little in LM. So I hope someone who did a fuller loop can expand on conditions.

Trails were mostly running GREAT today...but there are several newly rutted out soft spots which tells me a lot of people were riding while it was very wet last week. This is why we can’t have nice things!

So after the showers we just had (and are schedule to have again), how long before the trails are rideable again?

So after the showers we just had (and are schedule to have again), how long before the trails are rideable again?
I would just ride. LewMo is the kind of place that is rarely unrideable. At worst there may be a few spots here and there to avoid but nothing outlandish. Be more concerned with the roots and hills :)

even when i was there on Friday, there were quite a bit of soggy/muddy spots

also, downed tree on the west side of the Yellow Trail (btwn the switchback heavy section and the final descent to the lake)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions