Lewis Morris Conditions

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Getting soft out there at Lew Mo and Patriot's Path. Lots of people went riding during the last thaw and there's s decent population of ruts now.

Going to be 50's to 70's this week. Recommend staying off the trails (bike, hike, horse) until at least weekend of March 12.

stilluf

Rode early this morning and agree with @icebreaker. Trails seriously rutted and beaten up. Actually sad to see. Definitely stay off for awhile. I Should have checked trail report before riding this am, but everything was frozen so at least didn't make it worse.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Was at Lewis Morris yesterday and thought the conditions were very good. There are some ruts but it was better than I expected.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been out yesterday or today? Gonna do a road/PP/Boat Loop Climb/PP to Mendham/Road back to Madison ride on the CX bike this evening...

johnnyrides

Just got back from LewMo. Conditions are great. I stayed on the longest yellow trail around the perimeter and there was no mud anywhere. Lot off the dirt road off Tempe Wick was open. Had a great ride. Only saw three other riders but I was only there an hour or so.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
IMAG00157.jpg

My wife and I were there as well, agree great conditions. I finally bugged her enough to ride our new bikes there today. She did great on it!

stilluf

Ride this am. Trails were damp in spots but utterly ridable. No snow, but Wind was pumping NW, sounded like a jumbo jet on top of the hills . plenty of blown down branches. We cleared the bigger ones.

BKBS

New member on here, going to check out LM right now if anyone is reading this. Hopefully not too damp and good to go. Will report back with conditions post ride!

jumpa

New member on here, going to check out LM right now if anyone is reading this. Hopefully not too damp and good to go. Will report back with conditions post ride!

welcome! if the conditions are good, enjoy the heck out of it :)

BKBS

Conditions were good yesterday. A couple mud puddles that I walked around. Was a little overwhelmed by the size of the place. Didn't even know if I was on a trail or a deer track at times. Need more time at this place. But going to be a lot of fun!

stilluf

Rode yesterday morning. Conditions very good. Two tree blow downs need to be cleared: one on Patriots Path to the right (east) of bridge from parking lot. The other is on a fire road on Yellow close to camp grounds.

stilluf

Rose on Saturday morning. Dirt was really good, rocks/roots a bit slick but not bad at all. Tree down on PP was cleared; thanks !
Also, ride the new section off yellow. Twistie! A fun alternate to the regular downhill. Thanks to the trail crew for their hard work!

johnnyrides

Nice riding today. Lots of fun and enjoyed the new area of switchbacks. Much needed. Great workout in the early morning heat.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions