Lewis Morris Conditions

SpartaBard

Rode LM this afternoon. The park is in a bad way in some places. The yellow trail is generally ok. 90% of it or so is totally rideable, however the stretch going from the far parking lot up to the red trail is totally devastated. Many trees down with the crowns of the tree laying across the trail, so not even an easy walk over or around especially with the prickers. The green trail has a couple trees down spread throughout the entire trail.

Otherwise a little wet. The trees down are a big issue.

Chris(NJ)

Rode LM this afternoon. The park is in a bad way in some places. The yellow trail is generally ok. 90% of it or so is totally rideable, however the stretch going from the far parking lot up to the red trail is totally devastated. Many trees down with the crowns of the tree laying across the trail, so not even an easy walk over or around especially with the prickers. The green trail has a couple trees down spread throughout the entire trail.

Otherwise a little wet. The trees down are a big issue.

Thanks for the report bro. Sounds like its still rideable for the most part. If I can't sleep, maybe I'll shoot up there early and try to tackle a few limbs. You around to ride on saturday w/ us?

SpartaBard

Thanks for the report bro. Sounds like its still rideable for the most part. If I can't sleep, maybe I'll shoot up there early and try to tackle a few limbs. You around to ride on saturday w/ us?

Thanks but, not likely, family stuff and hopefully if my snow ever melts there are piles of mulch that need to be spread around the yard. I am hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if I will try LM again or go to Mahlon Dickerson.

Definitely in for the 12th.

Chris(NJ)

Thanks but, not likely, family stuff and hopefully if my snow ever melts there are piles of mulch that need to be spread around the yard. I am hoping to get out somewhere tomorrow afternoon. Not sure if I will try LM again or go to Mahlon Dickerson.

Definitely in for the 12th.

Cool man....totally understandable.

I'm looking forward to the 12th too. We better not have any more natural disasters roll through, delaying it any further lol.

Jock

I rode LM Yellow Trail yesterday. Here is the status

The South parking lot - off Tempe Wick road is open and the road to it is in reasonably good condition.

There are two or three trees down shortly after exiting the lot in a clockwise direction. They are only ride-able by considerable detour or by carrying the bike. Ten minutes work with a chainsaw would have them out the way but alas, my chainsaw is in Scotland !!

The trail is dry and most of the leaves have been swept aside, presumably by biking and walking traffic.

mtnbiker5

Lm

Someone needs to seriously get a chain saw in there. I rode yesterday. It was ok but some huge trees down you have to carry (or throw) your bike over to get through it. If they dont clear it out the race on Sat should be interesting.

SpartaBard

Wow, what a difference from Thursday. Chris and gang you guys did any amazing job making the yellow trail passable. There are still trees that need a chainsaw, but it is passable and so much better. Great job.

Chris(NJ)

Wow, what a difference from Thursday. Chris and gang you guys did any amazing job making the yellow trail passable. There are still trees that need a chainsaw, but it is passable and so much better. Great job.

Thanks! We had a good crew out there....I'm glad you were able to enjoy it :)

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
conditions are pretty darn good. the downhill off the top of the fireroad - the section down at the bottom that comes into the parking lot, is muddy. other than that, it was pretty much great.

aedubber

I wanna bring my friend out here this upcoming Saturday , is there any hunting going on here ? I usually see no hunting signs on all the trails I ride , but I just want to be sure ..

crash

The park is closed on Wednesdays in December for Deer hunting. The only sign I have seen is at the Kiosk located at the Tempe Wick Road parking lot (yellow / red trail split) on the south side.

Malibu

Lots of people out riding last Sunday when it was around 40 degrees. Conditions are fine considering all of the damage from the ice storm. Several trails have already been diverted around fallen trees and there are some new logs to cross in spots.

Biker Dude

How is this park after rain? I want to try it on Sunday but we're supposed to have some significant rain tonight / tomorrow. Please let me know as I don't want to go there and it suck or go there and mess up the trails. Thanx.

Dirt Dawg

Yes please post if this park will be rideable. I have never been there and wanted to try it this weekend. Thanks

There's very little rock and no armored trails at LewMo, chances are it'll be a sloppy mess. It's been raining pretty steady all day and the ground isn't frozen. Mahlon is the best place to ride after rain.

If you wanna make the jump to Mahlon, PM me, maybe we can set something up. I'm not an early bird, maybe 10am, 9:30 if we must. Good chance I'll be heading there with my usual group; don't be intimidated by the 10-year-old.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions