Lewis Morris Conditions???

The yellow trail was weirdly trampled down and ridable yesterday. It wasn't fun on the uphills, but someone with more talent and less ass could romp. It was a great hour out and back.

(I'm thinking there was some kind of race or organized walk on it? There were bold day-glow orange spray painted arrows along the length of it, from Sunfish to the other side of the park.)

I know there is a group that has some organized winter xc running races (5k, 10k) through there. Might have been one recently.

That's it. I was a little bugged by the amount of spray paint, but then I remembered I was only riding thanks to them and their spray paint directed feet. Do you know which group? Seems like that would've been fun, too.

Pain has become one of my permanent features (sorry, I had to), but the spray paint was only on snow. There were also some surveyors flags on a few branches. Nothing permanent.

LM conditions ?

Hello all,

With the time change around the corner, has anyone been out to LM on Bike or foot?

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

Hello all,

With the time change around the corner, has anyone been out to LM on Bike or foot?

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

i heard it was real crappy on the 4th and not ready for riding then, and that was before the flooding rains.

I was there this past Saturday some trails were dry but we did take a lot of detours due to the real muddy conditions and some spots were still icy..

Now after the rain we just had I would stay away.. Stick to the ROAD!!!

Anyone been to Lewis Morris since the last rain storm? I threw my bike in the car this morning hoping to check it out after work.

I think it is going to be bad (for the trails).

I left the bike at home.

I am going to run (jog) the trails to check out the conditions. I'll post tomorrow and let everyone know. However, with rain expected Wed, it might be weeks before we can get out riding here.

Cheers,

"slow" Joe

I ran (jogged) the outsie loop (Yellow). The park was really bad on the main fire road up from the Pavillion and the nice single track coming down from the top of the park to the back parking lot.

I think we should give it a week or so.

Rode there yesterday :)... some trees down but jumpable. Verry little mud. Overall i would say its good to go! :getsome:

Can confirm- Rode there today- a few moist spots,
but other than that, trails are in great shape!

Mid Season Form

Lewis Morris is in mid season form. Great conditions! So good to be back in the woods....

conditions

rode saturday, mountain seemed to drain well except down low on yellow trail someone rode there too early and rutted it up, now it's hardened up, although i did come across quite a few small twigs and such , it seems to me trail needs some work, but overall in good shape.

Anyone have an update for Lewmo? I need to get out of the house.

We road there yesterday morning it was still covered with snow and some parts were icy. We only ended up doing about 4 miles at hard effort, also took a lot of detours.. :cry:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions