Lewis Morris Conditions this Afternoon?

Molasses

I was there yesterday and the ground was nice and frozen but the temp was hovering "just" above the freezing mark...

Since it is "alittle" warmer today (36'ish according to weather.com by around 3:00PM) will it be okay to ride this afternoon? I would love to get a quick spin in but it is not worth it if it will damage the trails.

Thoughts?

I believe.....

Some snow, some ice, some frost heave, and some mud. Actually by this afternoon I would honestly guess alot of mud. Happend to me a few weeks ago. More mud than I expected.

As far as LM goes this time of year I go on the concept of at or below freezing for 3 days minimum with no chance of above freezing for a ride. Or, dry summer etc.

Today the sun might bring out the mud if we get too much of it.

We have had the cold temps though.. Give it a shot and please report...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't know about the afternoon but this morning it was dry, dusty even.

There were only a very few places that the trails had snow/ice and they were all north facing. Anything that would see the sun is clean by now.

BAIN

LM was in great condition today.

Started off on the patriots path side and went and did the loop down by the stream and some side trails, came back down and took the northern loop up and around. Went across the street and headed towards the pavillion where I thought I could follow previous tracks through the ice patch and that didn't work out very well. Fell down and went boom on the ice. Oh well after sitting there for a couple of minutes cursing at myself I got back on and headed up the green trail to the end, turned around and banged a left on the orange which is my new favorite trail at LM, so clean, so fast. Ended up over at the end/beginning rollers on the yellow trail and called it a day. Besides the bum knee, LM is in great condition. This was about 1:30 til 3:00!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LM was in great condition today.

Started off on the patriots path side and went and did the loop down by the stream and some side trails, came back down and took the northern loop up and around. Went across the street and headed towards the pavillion where I thought I could follow previous tracks through the ice patch and that didn't work out very well. Fell down and went boom on the ice. Oh well after sitting there for a couple of minutes cursing at myself I got back on and headed up the green trail to the end, turned around and banged a left on the orange which is my new favorite trail at LM, so clean, so fast. Ended up over at the end/beginning rollers on the yellow trail and called it a day. Besides the bum knee, LM is in great condition. This was about 1:30 til 3:00!

Did you happen to see the total moron who left his front wheel in the small dirt parking lot on the far side of the yellow trail? Just drove away and left the wheel there. Some thoughtful trail user put it up against the board for him, assuming the dumb fuck ever figured out he lost his wheel.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No not our lucky Mavic. I put discs on so it was the original wheelset that came on the Stumpjumper, which is so out of true that after today's ride both rotors were bent significantly.

Molasses

Were you riding a Santa Cruz?

If so I passed you at the top of one of the early climbs. Have to agree- LM was still in great shape today. Hit most of the park and started at Sunrise Lake. Sorry to hear about the spill on the ice and I almost joined you but happened to clip out in time! I am thinking the warm weather is going to slop it up some and I hope it freezes for NEXT weekend!

Happy trails!

Top Bottom