Lewis Morris Challenge

Gnick

I'm going to register for CAT 3 in the Lewis Morris Challenge. Its my first ever race, and I'd like to ride the trail a few times before. Does anyone know which trail it is on the trail map? it seems like it would be the yellow trail.

SSmtbr

My first race in NJ was the LewMo Challenge and it was a great experience. Even took my first career beer hand-up at that race. You'll have a blast! I haven't raced it in a few years so I'll let someone more official chime in on the recent or planned course this year.

Superfly100guy

I'm going to register for CAT 3 in the Lewis Morris Challenge. Its my first ever race, and I'd like to ride the trail a few times before. Does anyone know which trail it is on the trail map? it seems like it would be the yellow trail.

I'll get a map up as soon as the Bulldog race is over. I hate to go crazy promoting our race until we are the next H2H race on the calendar.
With that said it will be a very old school Lewis Morris course from years back. Anyone who raced 2000-2009 will know the original unchanged course that was ran year after year. I'd say it will be a battle of road vs cx vs mtb racers this year.

Gnick

I'll get a map up as soon as the Bulldog race is over. I hate to go crazy promoting our race until we are the next H2H race on the calendar.
With that said it will be a very old school Lewis Morris course from years back. Anyone who raced 2000-2009 will know the original unchanged course that was ran year after year. I'd say it will be a battle of road vs cx vs mtb racers this year.
great - thanks

Superfly100guy

123.jpg

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wait... are those the switchbacks where that big tree was blocking the trail?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What do you guys think about racing Cat 2 on a long travel enduro bike? Are the hardtailers gonna eat me for lunch, lol?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
definitely overkill
Nonsense! You can never have enough suspension, lol. I guess the real question is "How fast are Cat 2 riders???" LewMo is my backyard and I know every rock and root in that park, so I really want to push myself.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Nonsense! You can never have enough suspension, lol. I guess the real question is "How fast are Cat 2 riders???" LewMo is my backyard and I know every rock and root in that park, so I really want to push myself.
eU3AeJK.gif

not enough downhill to capitalize on the suspension, i would pick another bike more suitable for le course

that "double track" climb will hurt super bad. hell, it hurts bad at race pace on a XC bike.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
eU3AeJK.gif

not enough downhill to capitalize on the suspension, i would pick another bike more suitable for le course

that "double track" climb will hurt super bad. hell, it hurts bad at race pace on a XC bike.
Yeah dude, lemme just "pick another bike" real quick since, you know, I'm made of bikes over here. I'll just rock my lockouts, I'm gonna be having way too much fun either way, lol. Which climb you talkin about? Teal?

Rocksrgood4u

Bring yer enduro ride. I'll be on a Chromag Aperture 26er HT with a 150mm travel. 650b Focus aint ready yet. Haha

Chillydog

Hey you'll have fun. I raced the Ringwood and Wawa Cat 3 on my Bronson 150mm travel. Yea I got killed but I had a blast. Might even Race Lewis.

Top Bottom