Lewis Morris Challenge - Sunday, July 23, 2006

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Register here!

The race course is a 7 mile loop that consists of lots of new single track mixed with a some fire road sections. This is a FAST course. Not as rocky as the rest of north Jersey. It's a blast!

This race is part of the Campmor H2H (Hudson to Highlands) Regional Mountain Bike Race Series.

NORBA (USA Cycling) licenses are required for this race. One-Day licenses are available for $5 at the race for Beginner and Sport Category racers only. If you are an Expert Category racer or you are going to do more than one race this season (which we certainly recomend!) you should get your NORBA license online at https://www.usacycling.org/. You will also need an anual NORBA license if you would like to complete for an overall title in the H2H Series.

Beginner: 1 lap - 7 miles 8:30 am
Race Beginner if you have never raced before, or if you would not be comfortable riding 3 laps. One day NORBA licenses are available for beginners at the race for $5.

Sport: 3 laps - 21 miles 10:00 am
Race Sport if you placed well in Beginner races in the past. One day NORBA licenses are available for sport racers at the race for $5.

Expert: 4 laps - 28 miles 11:30 am
Race Expert if you have placed well in Sport races in the past, or if you are super-fly on a bike. Experts must have a NORBA license prior to registering for this event.

Single Speed 4 Laps - 28 miles 11:30 am
Open classes! One men's class and one women's class (All ages and ability levels together) (free love)

More info here!

rocknrollgirl

A question

I have a question about this race, and now that you have posted, I will ask away. Isn't Sport normally two laps? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 14ish miles?
Why is this race different?

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Wow

Wow, a Sport class race that is more in tune distance wise!!! Thanks to the Marty's guys for correcting this problem with races! More bang for the buck!!!

Bob W

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm doing the race this year...still not sure whether i'm doing beginner or sport. i know i'm good for seven, but not sure about 21. if it was on the road, that'd be a different story.

NJ Jess

Its an easy ride

I'm in my second year of Sport and this was one of my favorite races last year. This course has VERY few obsticles. Sport riders can finally have some fast singletrack that will make you feel you are an Expert rider. Rocknrollgirl, you will definitely like this course. It's like the running of the dogs, but without so much techy stuff. smiles, Jess

rocknrollgirl

thanks Jess

Thanks Jess, I loved The Dogs course, and I look forward to racing on it when it is dry. Perhaps it was the mud coating, but I did not find it too technical, it was great. Just the right balance. Challenging and fun.
I am very disappointed that I will miss the Bulldog Romp, because of a wedding of all things. Argghhhh.....

My dilemma with the LMC is beginner seems too short, and sport, well seems too long.... Where oh ,where is the 14ish miles....Just Kidding.
I will be in Alaska for almost two weeks prior to the race, returning back with just one week until race day, so the 21 miles is scaring me off.

What is the worst that could happen, I completely suck it up for the last half hour.....

Thanks for your input, see you Saturday at the 12 hour....

Ruth

rocknrollgirl

thanks Jess

Thanks Jess, I loved The Dogs course, and I look forward to racing on it when it is dry. Perhaps it was the mud coating, but I did not find it too technical, it was great. Just the right balance. Challenging and fun.
I am very disappointed that I will miss the Bulldog Romp, because of a wedding of all things. Argghhhh.....

My dilemma with the LMC is beginner seems too short, and sport, well seems too long.... Where oh ,where is the 14ish miles....Just Kidding.
I will be in Alaska for almost two weeks prior to the race, returning back with just one week until race day, so the 21 miles is scaring me off.

What is the worst that could happen, I completely suck it up for the last half hour.....

Thanks for your input, see you Saturday at the 12 hour....

Ruth

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think i may go the sport route. it's not the techy stuff that kills me as much as hammering through the rocks. if that's a minimum, i'll give sport a shot. i'm just going to have to REALLY up my milage in the next two months to get ready. oh well, let the fun begin!!

Top Bottom