Lewis Morris Challenge Mountain Bike Race

G

geoffbike

The Lewis Morris Challenge was brought back to life this past September (2005). Anyone have any feedback from that event?

There is the possibility of the Lewis Morris Challenge becoming a part of the Campmor Hudson to Highlands Mountain Bike Race Series for 2006. This means that it would be part of a 10 race series (all local races) in which racers could compete for an overall title. The Lewis Morris Challenge would still be put on by Marty's Reliable Cycle so it would retain its grassroots atmosphere.

Any feedback on that would be welcome and appreciated.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
geoffbike said:
The Lewis Morris Challenge was brought back to life this past September (2005). Anyone have any feedback from that event?

There is the possibility of the Lewis Morris Challenge becoming a part of the Campmor Hudson to Highlands Mountain Bike Race Series for 2006. This means that it would be part of a 10 race series (all local races) in which racers could compete for an overall title. The Lewis Morris Challenge would still be put on by Marty's Reliable Cycle so it would retain its grassroots atmosphere.

Any feedback on that would be welcome and appreciated.

hey geoff, mergs here. on the positive side, i felt the course layout was very good. you picked good trails bro.

i would only say that the start/finish line was a little jumbled/crowded and al waited too long to spark up the grill, ;) and sean needed to have more water available. i sucked my cb dry and the case of water went to the beginners. the experts and ss'ers were drinking from the lake. ;)

i don't see a big downside to adding the race to the series... you'll likely get better exposure and better/more competive riders. however, i thought it was kind of cool to see families out there spinning around in the begginers category. if you can retain that and add it to the series without the hammerheads intimidating the casual riders, i think that would be a postive.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I wanted to race this year but was out of town for this. :( I am interested at taking a look at the course from this year if there's someway I can get my hands on it. I'd like to see what I missed.

-jay

S

secondspeed

Geoff, Mergs and everyone else, i wanted to say thank you for all your help with trail maintenance during the entire year before the race even started but yea theres always next year... peace see you guys in the spring...
as a joke inremind me to speak in front of everyone before the race if you wanna see me sweat worester then competing go for it LOL

mergs said:
hey geoff, mergs here. on the positive side, i felt the course layout was very good. you picked good trails bro.

i would only say that the start/finish line was a little jumbled/crowded and al waited too long to spark up the grill, ;) and sean needed to have more water available. i sucked my cb dry and the case of water went to the beginners. the experts and ss'ers were drinking from the lake. ;)

i don't see a big downside to adding the race to the series... you'll likely get better exposure and better/more competive riders. however, i thought it was kind of cool to see families out there spinning around in the begginers category. if you can retain that and add it to the series without the hammerheads intimidating the casual riders, i think that would be a postive.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
After Geoff posted I went and looked at all of his posts and this was 1 of the 3 he's made in the past. Funny that in 2005 there was a 10 race series and now in 2008 we're down to 8.

Curious what the other 2 were. Williams Lake? WHat ever happened to that race? What was the 10th?

PatrickBrown

the wiilliams lake race sends chills down my spine......

bad crash, broken helmet, loss of consciousness, brief hospital visit

not cool

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions