Lewis Morris Challenge Info from Marty's

G

geoffbike

Greetings! This is Geoff Lenat of Marty’s Reliable Cycle.

Thank you, everyone who came out and raced at the Lewis Morris Challenge this year. First off, we are really, really sorry!!!! The issues we are having with scoring/timing are completely unacceptable, and certainly not up to our standards. We completely regret using computerized timing for this race, even though our intentions in doing so were to produce fast, easy to read, accurate results.

As everyone knows, the results were certainly not fast, and in many cases, not accurate either. We are doing our absolute best to fix problems with the results that have been posted so far, (beginner, expert, pro) and the timing company we hired is working to get the sport results ready to publish. Honestly, I don’t know what is taking them so long. (eek!!)

As a side note about the timing company, I just want to make it clear that we did NOT use CompuScore for our timing this year. I don’t want them to take any blame they don’t deserve, just because we have used them in past years.

As for the timing company we did use, they still have most of the handwritten back up scoring materials we created during the race. These materials may be needed to fix mistakes in the posted results.

In the mean time, if you see a problem with the results posted so far, please don’t hesitate to email me directly. (I will probably respond faster this way, rather than responding to forum posts) I am completely aware that there are mistakes, and I need your help to get them sorted out.

H2H Series points are as important to us as they are to you. It is our every intention to get the places sorted out properly so everyone gets the points they deserve.

Again, it is our every intention to get ALL the results straightened out. I sincerely hope that everyone had a really fun race at Lewis Morris, and I apologize for the ridiculous delay with results.

Thanks again, and happy racing,
Geoff

geoff@martysreliable.com
(973) 538-7773

Results and Photos from the Lewis Morris Challenge can be found at this url:

http://martysreliable.com/page.cfm?PageID=574

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for joining the forum & posting an update. I think for most of us that's all we were looking for.

F

FallGirl1430

Poop happens ...

I pre rode the LM course (or parts of it) the Saturday before the race. I rode alone and had the worst ride. I thought the course stunk! I even posted my harsh feelings about the ride.
8 days later ...

As of now Lewis Morris is my favorite race, it was loads of fun, even though I got a rear flat tire on the start of the third lap it was still a blast for me. I've been to Marty's a few times, the guys there are were very helpful. I'm sure things will be all sorted out soon,

Thanks for putting together an awesome race,

Christina ...

RNG1

I think this proves as in everything in life that communication is the key. Knowing that it is being worked on and someone is staying on top of it at least makes me feel that there will be some kind of resolve.
I also thought it was a much better race than it would be after a pre ride the week before, the 3 laps for sport brought an element that required some adjusting for which is what it is about.

Mare

So what is the status on the race results? Is there anyone left that cares or did everyone just give up on this?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what is the status on the race results? Is there anyone left that cares or did everyone just give up on this?

Great question Mare.

I just got off the phone with Geoff and yes, the situation has basically not moved forward at all from Marty's point of view. They've been emailing and calling the timing company daily with very little response from them. Geoff said he got some sport results on Monday from the company and, by his words, they were, "Very...very wrong."

So at this point he's asking the company for the backup sheets so they can just do it themselves. He certainly understands the frustration and in talking to him he feels every bit as annoyed as all the riders, and then some. They've been working to try and resolve this daily since the race.

At this point that's where he's at. As soon as he can get his hands on them and process them, he will. He wanted to make sure I passed along their apologies as well as thanks for understanding. I can assure you they feel much worse than you can imagine about the situation. As Geoff said, this is about their worst nightmare as a race promoter.

Mare

Norm - I had called and offered to type up the date if they could fax it to me. If I can help, let them know I will. They never responded to me when I left them that message at the store.

Suhr40

How about listing the placing order in the sport classes. Forget lap times and whatever else they're waiting for - Who won the races? I think I got first or second in SS sport, but I don't know which. Someone shouted out my number as I finished and someone else was writing. This info is on a piece of paper that was hopefully not lost, and should be real easy to decipher.

Mare

How about listing the placing order in the sport classes. Forget lap times and whatever else they're waiting for - Who won the races? I think I got first or second in SS sport, but I don't know which. Someone shouted out my number as I finished and someone else was writing. This info is on a piece of paper that was hopefully not lost, and should be real easy to decipher.

I agree with that! I know how long it took me because of my own computer. How the heck did we place though? This is ridiculous.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This piece of paper apparently was given to the timing company and is being sent back to Marty's.

Suhr40

Now... if we could only invent some sort of machine that could make copies of sheets of paper....yeah....that would be great. Oh well, maybe someday.

Top Bottom