Lewis Morris Challenge Info from Marty's

P

Promtber

I don't think they will ever be able to get an accurate list of results. Give every one that raced 1st place points and their money back.. I just don't want to get cheated out of a good result and some DNF'er get my hard earned points.

keithsly

Now... if we could only invent some sort of machine that could make copies of sheets of paper....yeah....that would be great. Oh well, maybe someday.

Someone need a copier !! I got you need em'...... Sounds like the worst nightmare possible..... I know how tough it is to score a race as I scored the finish for Sarah back when there was a MTB race during the Midland Run was going on. It was hairy but I got the job done with a 18 year old chick helping me at the finish. No where near the amount of racers from a series race though but wow.......:confused:

RNG1

If they do not have any accurate information then we can't get blood out of a stone, don't get me wrong I am definitely not happy about it and I think it is totally unacceptable.
However from a business point of view I think the scoring company's information needs to be posted and we should all do our diligence to spread the word how unreliable the company is and should (obviously) be banned from any H2H series events in the future, as well as any other events that anyone has any influence with. I have found that when reputation and future revenue is used as ammunition all of a sudden you start to get attention from the people whose livelyhood depends on it. Anyone know if the company is currently contracted for any other events? I suggest we start asking lots of questions for any events we are considering participating in. Let's get their information posted. It's one thing to screw something up, everyone and technology is not 100% reliable, but when I read that they are kind of blowing it off, being in a service oriented business myself, I blow my top.:mad2:

clutch

[...] I think the scoring company's information needs to be posted and we should all do our diligence to spread the word how unreliable the company is and should (obviously) be banned from any H2H series events in the future, [...] Anyone know if the company is currently contracted for any other events? I suggest we start asking lots of questions for any events we are considering participating in. Let's get their information posted.[...]

The timing was done by NJRaces this info has been on martysreliable.com all along.

NJ races was only founded last year and has only done timing on 19 running races. It looks like Lewis Morris was their first Bike race.

RNG1

Well I'm sorry, that is a bad call on Marty's part then. I am sure he wouldn't hire a mechanic in his shop that never touched a bicycle. To go one step further if these people had no track record and he still hired them he should have stood there himself with a pad and paper to cover his butt.

Mare

So who wants to call Marty's next and ask them to stop jerking us around? If they have the results, type them up and post them. If not, be honest and tell us already!

RNG1

I couldn't help myself I just sent an email to tim@njraces.com as I feel he needs to understand that as the owner that his company's reputation is greatly at stake here.

Liberace

Need to get rid of some pent up frustration? Do some trail maintenance at Pyramid Mountain this Saturday morning and earn some PayDirt points. Here's the info from the Morris Trails Partnership:

The second Saturday of the month is fast approaching, the heatwave is behind us, and the trails at Pyramid and Turkey Mountain are calling.

Yes, you guessed it, it's time for the monthly gathering of the faithful this Saturday morning June 14 to work on the new Vahalla overlook trail at PMNHA. (that's: Pyramid Mt. Natural Historic Area)

We will be meeting in the parking lot by the visitors center at 8:01am on this Saturday.

If you arrive fashionably late there will be a map attached to the kiosk showing where we will be working. (so no excuses that another 40 winks were to be had and you might not be able to find us)

Respond to let us know to expect you if you are so inclined, or just surprise us!:)

The trail awaits...

See you Saturday!!

morristrails@gmail.com

Last edited:

cyclocrossfool

after the sport race was over (way before the results were sent to the "timing people") many racers were told there was a problem w/ the results/scoring. what we have here is a case of good ol' country jive. from everybody. that wet on our backs isnt water!!!!!!!!!!

F

FallGirl1430

after the sport race was over (way before the results were sent to the "timing people") many racers were told there was a problem w/ the results/scoring. what we have here is a case of good ol' country jive. from everybody. that wet on our backs isnt water!!!!!!!!!!

He might be pissed ... be he's still adorable :D

Name withheld ... :)

RNG1

Now that I got that off my chest I will share what I sent to Tim (owner of scoring firm) and his response. Maybe this will make someone who reads this feel better. I personally think his response is sincere however there are certainly things that I can't accept as a valid excuse. Possibly he did not do enough pre-event research to determine amount of people or how fast they would come in. I would think that if this is your job you would be prepared to deal with issues like this. I guess in this race the sport class was coming in super faster than the experts and pros.:confused:Anyway, unless there is something constructive that can be done, I am more than willing to help, otherwise with I'm done with this.

Tim,
I am sure that you have heard an earful regarding this, but there are many of us that are not only extremely disappointed that the race results were botched, but I understand that to even get a hold of any written down documentation which greatly affects the results not only in this particular event but of the entire race series is not being treated with the amount of responsibility it deserves. As a business owner myself, I know how a single negative can often overshadow a hundred positives and therefore needs to be treated with great care. I personally find it unacceptable that two weeks have gone by and the race promoter does not apparently have any data to work from. Even worse, I am told this was your first bike race that you were handling and I would think extra precautions would be in place even it were just a pad and pencil. As the owner who is ultimately responsible for its business and actions, I am confident that you can find someway to help in resolving this matter as best as possible with the risk of your company's reputation at stake. Thank you for your understanding, and I would volunteer in any way possible to assist in resolving this matter.

His response:

No one is more disappointed in the mishaps than myself. I have been in
contact with the promotor and gotten results to them. The written
copies should have arrived in the mail as well at this time.
We did have volunteers from the organization putting on the race keeping
a written copy as a back up. Unfortunately we encounterred a problem
with our computer equipment handling the wave starts.

I believe this event is too large and racers are coming in at high
speeds with numbers not easy to identify for any handwritten or
traditional system. A chip timing system would obviously be a better
choice in the future.

I apologize for the results, this for me is a startup that I am trying
to get off the ground with great success in road running and track and
field primarily. I have 2 other job commitments that take up a great
deal of my weekday time. Again I apologize but I would like you to know
that I spent many hours going back and typing in athletes and trying
decipher results.

Timothy Styler
NJ Races

G

geoffbike

Hey there. Geoff from Marty's here again.

I have recieved the hand-written back up sheet from the timing company. Since the timing company had this magical piece of paper since race day, and didn't have much luck turning it into postable resutls, I was worried that I would suffer the same fate when I finally got my hands on it.

Well, good news! The back up sheet seems to be in tact and complete. I am almost done sorting it into categories and attaching names to numbers. I will post what I have put together tomorrow (Friday). There will be no lap times, but the places should be accurate.

The only problem I may run into is not being able to find a couple names to go with bib numbers. If this turns out to be the case, I will still post the numbers, and hopefully the owners of those numbers will contact me.

Finally getting my hands on this valuable piece of paper is a HUGE relief. I hope all of you can accept my many apologies and be as thankful as I am that we were able to pull this together.

Keep an eye out on Friday for the results. If you see any mistakes, of course, don't hesitate to email me. If you log on to the marty's website and you don't see the sport results yet, don't worry, I'm working on them! ;)

I'll see you all at Stewart on Sunday.
Thanks,

Geoff

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Geoff,

Good news! I'm sure we can help in figuring out bib numbers. If nothing else we can try to find the bib numbers in the pics that Nate took and post them up in the hope that someone knows that person.

Rob,

Good job posting that exchange. Given the fact that Geoff has some results, probably best to let it go. I will say this though. WTF does "wave starts" have to do with when we cross the finish line?

G

geoffbike

Sport Results Are Up!

The sport results are ready! As I mentioned before, there are several names missing, but all the numbers should be there in the correct order. Please email me if your name is missing.

View results here

Many thanks!

-Geoff
geoff@martysreliable.com

Top Bottom