Lewis Morris After the Rain

rocknrollgirl

I saw in the trail report that Lewis Morris drains well. Even after all of this rain and the rain yet to come? I was going to sneak a ride in before watching the race this Sunday.

What do you think? How bad will it be?

Ruth

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if it doesn't absolutely pour tonight, you could prolly get a quick run in tomorrow am. other than that, looks like rain 'til sunday.

BAIN

I wouldn't worry too much about the conditions at LM after a rain, if anything it will make it just a bit better. The only spot that might be a little hairy would be the single track on the opposite side of the park/road/lake on the top right above the patriots path trail. (hopefully you know what I mean?) That spot will be sure to be hella muddy and damn fun! Anyways, LM trail conditions are so smooth a little rain might actually help. Hell, I be out there come first snow!

xc62701

That place drains really really well. When I was there for the picnic it dumped the night before and I was in early the next morning and it was just a tad soft, and it dried up really quickly. It should be fine for the weekend.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's been rain-less in the general area for almost 24 hours now, and it was breezy this morning which will help dry it out. Right now it would be perfect. Not sure how things will shake out in the next 48 hours though.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rain has picked up here in the last 6-ish hours. Not pouring but a steady light rain.

S

Shar0se

any updates tonight after the rain would be much appreciated!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
At this point it's got to be a mess. It's been raining here for 14-15 hours straight, sometimes pretty heavily. We're about 5-7 crow miles from LM.

ryderX

It's going to be down right ugly. My inlaws live in Mendham 4 miles from from LM, and they claim 4.2 " of rain since 6PM yesterday.
Here's an update from the NW service:
SUSSEX NJ-WARREN NJ-MORRIS NJ- HUNTERDON NJ-SOMERSET NJ-MERCER NJ- MIDDLESEX NJ-PHILADELPHIA PA- MONTGOMERY PA-BUCKS PA- 1208 PM EDT SAT OCT 27 2007

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* FLOOD ADVISORY FOR... SOUTHEASTERN SUSSEX COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY... SOUTHERN WARREN COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY... MORRIS COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY... HUNTERDON COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY... SOMERSET COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY... MERCER COUNTY IN CENTRAL NEW JERSEY... MIDDLESEX COUNTY IN NORTHERN NEW JERSEY... NORTHEASTERN PHILADELPHIA COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA... EAST CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA... BUCKS COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 315 PM EDT

* AT 1208 PM EDT DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED HEAVY RAIN WAS FALLING... AND WILL RESULT IN MINOR FLOODING.

RAINFALL SINCE FRIDAY MORNING HAS BEEN BETWEEN 1.5 AND 4 INCHES THROUGH THE REGION. ONE LAST AREA OF HEAVY RAIN WILL MOVE THROUGH EARLY THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN THE RAIN WILL END. THIS RAIN WILL CAUSE FLOODING IN POOR DRAINAGE AREAS AND ALONG SOME SMALL STREAMS.

BAIN

Go For It! It will be fun as hell and you will earn your saturday night! I am going to LM tomorrow!

Top Bottom