Lewis Morris...5/25/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yo sons, I'm going over to Lewis Morris on Sunday to peep the lay of the land and get a few laps in...Possibly at/or close to race-pace/race-distance...Anyone care to join me? I'm thinking of starting to ride around 9am...

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

Yo sons, I'm going over to Lewis Morris on Sunday to peep the lay of the land and get a few laps in...Possibly at/or close to race-pace/race-distance...Anyone care to join me? I'm thinking of starting to ride around 9am...

-Jim.

Not racing Granogue son?

RNG1

I was thinking the same thing but maybe a slightly earlier start, 8am and crank for about 2 hours. I am not familiar with the course there so I was hoping to find someone that is.

secondspeed02

3 party ?

Do you guys mind 3 person i'm riding my SS 9 am meet at boat house or across the street from old 24 patriots path let know if its cool peace

P.S. I'm from the area so I ride @ LM often usually weds night rides...

Last edited:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I can probably get out there too.
Time? Place?
I may not have any more legs than Fred, so maybe we can wobble together.

Steve Vai

The more the merrier!! Maybe we could all meet at 8am that way we could hook up with the crew from the other post and break some kind of MTBNJ group ride record!!

-Jim.

RNG1

So is 8am the "official" meet time? Is there an exact meeting place, I haven't been there in a very long time. Thanks.

Oreo

Can I join you guys? can someone pls give directions to the meeting spot at the park? and will the place be marked then? Thanks in advance.

Steve Vai

So is 8am the "official" meet time? Is there an exact meeting place

8am will be the official meet time...Let's meet in the parking lot next to the beach house/lake/pavillion...As far as directions, I know how to get there, but don't know what any of the roads are named, so I would go to Marty's website and get them from there...I have a little grey Toyota Yaris so you could look for that, I'll try to be on time;)

-Jim.

RNG1

Sounds great, Oreo are you bringing that crazy camera thing? Then you can post it and people can preride with a trainer and their computer! Just kidding.

guava

If anyone else is reading this and thinking "8 AM, they are on crack!" I am thinking of going down to ride some "hot" laps as well, but in the afternoon, like 3 or so. it's quite a hike for me to get down there. I still don't think I have the course totally memorized. I would love to hook up with a late rising local sport/expert with the 411. I went down on Wed eve, but I didn't get it together as well as I would like. I am going to be at a bar, screaming at the UFC fight and eating wings tonight, so I will not be getting up early;)

secondspeed02

early bird gets the worm!

Sandie, the rest of the group I'm planning leaving @ 7am I will be coming by bike on patriots path meet you guys & Gals at boat house -LM peace the "SS" is out
peace

Great map of the park. Meeting spot by boathouse (#1).
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5&d=1097351208

Mapquest Directions from your location to here:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/lewis+morris+park:[250-271]+Mendham+Rd+Morristown+NJ+07960/

See y'all there.

xc62701

Yea I was over there just a little while ago. I got two laps in and it's in great shape. The new little singletrack bypass at the top of one of the climbs is pretty cool. Tons of people were out. What a great day.

On a side note I rode from my apartment in Parsippany and figured I'd give the whold Patriot's Path thing a go. The path was actually pretty good and I easily connected it all except for the closed section. It makes it much nicer than riding all road to get there. So I logged 4.5 hours today round trip. Not too shabby.

Top Bottom