Let Versus know you want the Giro televised!

ArmyOfNone

my reply

I hear the Giro is not going to be televised this year. Is this true? I would greatly encourage you to televise this event. Your station provides the best cycling coverage in our country. Please do not take it away!

BiknBen

You have a better chance if you ask Lance to enter the Giro. Then Versus will cover it more thoroughly. Versus is just a bunch of bean counters. If they can't sell the commercial spots, you get no cycling. Bull riding and and all those other shows are simply cheaper.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
You have a better chance if you ask Lance to enter the Giro. Then Versus will cover it more thoroughly. Versus is just a bunch of bean counters. If they can't sell the commercial spots, you get no cycling. Bull riding and and all those other shows are simply cheaper.

That is true - how many times did we see "happy" Bob go bowling with a smile on his face during the AToC? :rofl:

Ian F

Yeah... I've been hearing Lance was planning to race the Giro pretty much since he announced the comeback... :confused:

I don't have VS ...or tv at all, so I won't see it regardless... :rolleyes:

BiknBen

You may know more than me. Since getting much of my web access blocked at work, I'm not able to keep up with the most current info.

In general, nothing is set until the team goes public with the roster for the event. That will be just weeks before the event. The top riders often go public once they know they are planning to do.

I was surprised that Lance announced interest in the Giro. He has some sticky issues with the Italians. There are a few prosecutors and investigators that would like to ask him some questions. The laws for sporting fraud in Italy are very anti-athlete. Lance's Italian doctor spent time in Jail. Lance refused to cooperate and answer any questions. There is also an Italian rider that sued him for defamation and some other stuff.

RNG1

I did my part as far as expressing my hopes they show it. If that doesn't work maybe they need some creative ideas like letting the bulls chase the guys on the bikes. Ok that is unrealistic...maybe just to start the race? I bet that would get ratings.

Top Bottom